Is there a setting that would allow the X3 to stay "on" while it is in the charging dock?
    08-17-2017 02:34 PM
    Is there a setting that would allow the X3 to stay "on" while it is in the charging dock?
    I think you need to disable/uninstall HP Display tools to be able to do that...And have the never option for lock time out available.

I would test it for you, but I do not have the dock anymore. I have a screen beam 2 which is not the same and I think it might not force the display tools to launch..
    08-17-2017 06:59 PM
    There isn't to my knowledge. On my 950XL there was a setting that I would use when installing OS Updates and or using a podcast app while driving... and that setting was in the "Lock Screen" section that was "Never." This phone's OS doesn't have the "Never" sleep option. However... I'm testing a possible option for you now, I'll get back on the results later.

*** Sorry, thought I was on to something but the "Lock Screen" time out of 5-minutes seems to override any other setting I played with.
    08-18-2017 09:21 PM
    There isn't to my knowledge. On my 950XL there was a setting that I would use when installing OS Updates and or using a podcast app while driving... and that setting was in the "Lock Screen" section that was "Never." This phone's OS doesn't have the "Never" sleep option. However... I'm testing a possible option for you now, I'll get back on the results later.

*** Sorry, thought I was on to something but the "Lock Screen" time out of 5-minutes seems to override any other setting I played with.
    The app Interop Tools allows that to be toggled so it is available. It adds 15 and 30 min also Never as unlock timeout options.
    08-20-2017 04:02 AM