11-23-2017 08:15 PM
375 ... 1112131415
tools
    Yeah I could to so I tried to buy it and had to contact them again. Microsoft support also tried to complete my purchase but then came back and said it was available again, but by the time I tried to purchase it the stock was sold out again. He said it is available in some Microsoft stores, just not near me.
    11-02-2017 03:57 PM
    @ocdtrekkie

I just hope they don't use the fact that these things sat in stores unsold for two weeks as a "lack of interest."
    I spoke to both my local Microsoft Store and the online Microsoft Store sales folks within the last week and nobody knew this phone was even coming.
    nate0 likes this.
    11-02-2017 04:10 PM
    Are you able to comment on the app loading and responsiveness. Apps on my ATIV SE like FB Messenger take forever to load up. Also how is the camera?How is the sound out of the front speakers? What are your thoughts on the display? How bright is it?

@PuckCowboy
    App loading seems very responsive, but I've been bogged down with some work and haven't had a chance to really play. It spent almost an hour downloading/installing windows updates and then downloading a bunch of updates from the app store. Seems like HP must have finalized this ROM a long time ago. I'll download FB tonight and let you know.

Pictures - sensor seems to be about the same as on the Icon. I see it in items out of focus - on a DSLR you would get a nice smooth aperture blur but here you notice some pixelation. I'd say you'd really have to look hard to notice the difference compared to an Icon. But again - I haven't really liked the pictures out of my Icon since it was on WP8 with the Lumia apps. I don't know if those apps did better post-processing, or the auto-settings just were set better when taking pictures. I remember thinking that they consistently looked better than my wife's iPhone pictures. Since she got the 7 plus we never use the Icon. It's almost like the Icon just picks poor exposure settings, and if I'm going to have to mess around with that, I'll just use a DSLR.

Speakers - If I was really listening to music/movies on a regular I'd invest in an external speaker. They just sound a little treble heavy. They're better than a some phones I've heard, but I'm actually kind of surprised B&O put their name on them. Maybe I'm expecting too much out of something so small.

Display is bright - on par with the Lumia. I like the larger display, but miss the dedicated camera and windows buttons. I'll get used to the dedicated windows buttons though - that's just me being a dinosaur.

It's a solid phone - and I think most of my "on par" attitude is probably coming from the fact that I'm comparing an old phone to brand new phones. It seems to be exactly the same as the AT&T model minus the dual sim support.
    11-02-2017 04:11 PM
    I spoke to both my local Microsoft Store and the online Microsoft Store sales folks within the last week and nobody knew this phone was even coming.
    The manager of the Microsoft store I was in told one of the salespeople there to go get one of the x3s that came in two weeks ago. Said they were in for two weeks but were just being promoted today. Not saying this was the case across the board - this wasn't a uniform roll out at all. I would not be surprised if your store received no x3s. I didn't even think to call earlier because everyone here was on it and I assumed the answer in one store would be the same as another.
    11-02-2017 04:17 PM
    Both my closest Microsoft stores actually have them in stock. (I live in the Chicagoland area, so I have multiple Microsoft stores available to me.) I guess I coulda gone to pick them up today, but it was a safer bet to just place the order online last night, even if I have to wait a couple extra days because of it.
    11-02-2017 05:02 PM
    Just picked up my phone at the Microsoft Store. Took some photos with the x3 and my Lumia Icon since the camera was my biggest concern. The x3 took a sharper photo at a distance and close up, had better color reproduction and less shutter lag. It was also smother and faster in general. Got it for $579. They got 6 Phones and the rep didn't know he had them. He used to have an x3 until he dropped it and cracked the screen. He has a S8 now and doesn't like the confusing OS at all. Now that he knows the Verizon version is available, he is going to go back to the x3 since he liked it so much.
    11-02-2017 05:45 PM
    Both my closest Microsoft stores actually have them in stock. (I live in the Chicagoland area, so I have multiple Microsoft stores available to me.) I guess I coulda gone to pick them up today, but it was a safer bet to just place the order online last night, even if I have to wait a couple extra days because of it.
    My order is still processing.

Nevermind. Just got the shipped email as I typed this...
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-02-2017 05:46 PM
    Seems like HP must have finalized this ROM a long time ago.
    I believe since May 2017. Or that is my thinking anyway.
    11-02-2017 05:53 PM
    So, I had ordered mine last night around midnight, and it already says it should arrive tomorrow. Really expedient shipping they pulled off, it looks like they're shipping right from the main UPS hub in Louisville. I was a little worried I was gonna be depressed waiting so many days for it, but it won't take long at all.
    11-02-2017 06:00 PM
    Where are you folks finding this Verizon phone?
    11-02-2017 07:24 PM
    Where are you folks finding this Verizon phone?
    Microsoft online store, click on the Elite X3 and it gives you a choice between GSM Unlocked And Verizon.
    nate0 and Kevin Rush like this.
    11-02-2017 07:42 PM
    Will this phone get the next mobile OS update? Will the 950 and 950XL? The fall Windows 10 mobile creators update?

Update: Purchased a HP Elite X3 Bundle (Verizon No Contract) for pickup at the Mall of America Microsoft Store in Minneapolis / St. Paul / Bloomington Minnesota. I plan to pick up a Harmon Karden Invoke at the same time, since I'll be there.
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 11-02-2017 at 09:04 PM.
    nate0 likes this.
    11-02-2017 08:19 PM
    Will this phone get the next moble OS update? Will the 950 and 950XL? The fall Windows 10 mobile creaters update?
    They are getting the FCU. Fall Creators Update. Yes yes and yes.
    11-02-2017 08:44 PM
    For those ordering the Elite X3, here are some accessories you can get from MobileFun.com. They include all the official cases and screen protectors at deeply discounted prices:

https://www.mobilefun.com/catalogsea...lt/?q=elite+x3
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    11-03-2017 03:24 AM
    Super excited to be able to have WP on Verizon. I walked over to my Microsoft store in Indianapolis last night and picked mine up with the dock for $539.01 +tax.

I'm always looking for a good deal, so I asked if there were any additional store discounts, etc. After taking a few moments to search online, I found that the student/education store is at 10% off. However the phone is listed at full price in the online student store. I asked if I could use the .edu discount in store and was told typically not because the item was already discounted, but my rep tried anyway and it worked!

Gift that keeps on giving - my university provided alumni with lifetime email accounts when I was there and still leveraging discount with it today.
    nate0 and libra89 like this.
    11-03-2017 07:23 AM
    Gift that keeps on giving - my university provided alumni with lifetime email accounts when I was there and still leveraging discount with it today.
    Same for me. I login to mine from time to time just to make sure it is still working, as I find it hard to believe they really do allow the email space for that long...
    11-03-2017 09:08 AM
    Nice thought on the student discount, I didn't even think about it. It's alright, I was prepped to pay $800 for this phone.

Phone was delivered, but issues at work so I can't justify sneaking out to drive back and get it.
    11-03-2017 01:40 PM
    Nice thought on the student discount, I didn't even think about it. It's alright, I was prepped to pay $800 for this phone.

Phone was delivered, but issues at work so I can't justify sneaking out to drive back and get it.
    If you are an eBates member, you can also get 3.5% off cash back by linking to the MS store through their site.
    11-03-2017 01:44 PM

Still can come let us know on the forums...;)...Meanwhile my tracking says nothing. Has not budged since Nov 2 1am. Says label created...
    11-03-2017 02:14 PM
    For those ordering the Elite X3, here are some accessories you can get from MobileFun.com. They include all the official cases and screen protectors at deeply discounted prices:

https://www.mobilefun.com/catalogsea...lt/?q=elite+x3
    Thanks for this. 👍
    11-03-2017 05:05 PM
    I saw someone post that they are from AZ. And that the stock was out at the stores. I too see that online. But I called a rep and they verified there is stock in the stores here in AZ. There are two stores one in Chandler and the other is in Scottsdale. Just call a Microsoft store rep and have them check the stock from their end.
    11-03-2017 05:41 PM
    So the Microsoft store is supposed to let me get a warranty exchange for my 950xl. Camera has toasted early, no focus. Anyhow, we want to transition back to Verizon. ATT service is not so good here, neither is Tmobile. Still have to find a phone for the other half.

Sorry for the dinkus question. Does anyone know if the Verizon version will also work on ATT?

I know one is CDMA/LTE and the other is GSM/LTE.

Very excited to get the phone!

Thanks
    Last edited by JDOlywa; 11-04-2017 at 12:08 AM.
    11-03-2017 11:45 PM
    Verizon version will not work on AT&T.
    11-03-2017 11:47 PM
    Thanks!
    11-04-2017 12:09 AM
    Verizon version will not work on AT&T.
    Actually it should work, it is just how well it will work or you need it to work. It has the LTE bands 2, 4, and 5 for one.

LTE: FDD1900 (B2), AWS (B4), 850 (B5), 700c (B13)

It also has these GSM and additional roaming bands
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 1900 MHz (Band II), 1800 MHz (Band III), 850 MHz (Band V), 900 MHz (Band VIII) MHz WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+: 2100(Band I), 1900 (Band II), AWS(Band IV), 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII) MHz LTE: 1800 (B3), 2600 (B7), 800DD (B20), 700APT(B28A)

You could activate it on AT&T. You just might struggle with it depending on how well it plays with allowing you to add new APN settings. Ideally though you do not want this phone to use for AT&T.

When the one arriving for me finally gets here, I will test my other line for AT&T in it just to make sure and let you all know.
    11-04-2017 01:38 AM
375 ... 1112131415