The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-23-2017 08:15 PM
375 1234 ...
tools
    As far as I've learned in my research, the current model currently can NOT be added to the Verizon network.

Again, the HP Sales rep on the Verizon page said there is a Verizon "version" being released on HP.com very soon. Hopefully within the next week or so. I will reach out to him again on Monday next week.
    I just spoke with an HP rep on their enterprise sales side. He told me that there is NO "NEW" phone, but rather the same existing phone (US Version only) that has been updated to work on Verizon's network. He advised me that any existing X3's with the update should connect to the Verizon network and that all I would need to do is take the phone into a Verizon store, and advise that I wanted to connect the device. Now, at the time of this post I do not have an X3 to test this, but I did about a month ago and it did not work (I didn't actually go in to a store either). So sounds like same device just updated software. Seems to be two different stories being told; New Device and Existing Device with software update.
    09-23-2017 11:36 AM
    I just spoke with an HP rep on their enterprise sales side. He told me that there is NO "NEW" phone, but rather the same existing phone (US Version only) that has been updated to work on Verizon's network. He advised me that any existing X3's with the update should connect to the Verizon network and that all I would need to do is take the phone into a Verizon store, and advise that I wanted to connect the device. Now, at the time of this post I do not have an X3 to test this, but I did about a month ago and it did not work (I didn't actually go in to a store either). So sounds like same device just updated software. Seems to be two different stories being told; New Device and Existing Device with software update.
    Very interesting. Thanks for the update @ramtwins25. I spoke with a couple HP Enterprise sales reps a few weeks back who mentioned the same thing.

However, as I mentioned from my last update, the HP representative who reached out to me on Wednesday is the one who is actually listed as the contact on Verizon's HP Elite X3 web page. His exact words were:

"Thanks for reaching out. The Verizon version Elite x3 received non-stock approval from Verizon a few weeks ago. We are beginning factory production now, and expect it will be available in Mid- October. The Elite x3 that has been in market for the last several months is a GSM based product so it is not compatible with the Verizon network. Any other questions you may have, please let me know.

Kevin McCutchan."

This is the second rep (who was listed on that specific page mentioned and linked to above) who has told me there is a Verizon specific "version" being released and this latest rep further went into detail saying they are "beginning factory production" of it. Furthermore, he even goes on to say the current model is a "GSM based product so it is not compatible with the Verizon network." Seems odd he would emphasize those two things. For those reasons alone I won't buy anything until this Verizon "device" is released. His verbiage seems pretty specific and he is the rep listed on the device page.

The other thing which has been linked to on this thread and others, is that HP submitted for WiFi and Bluetooth certifications on an X3 device with a new model number (F606v) different from the original (F606). Seems strange to create a whole new model number if the plan is just to release firmware to open up the CDMA radios. It's not like Verizon is selling this directly anyways. I'm not saying the ultimate goal won't be to allow old X3's on to the Verizon network, but maybe there is/was an issue going this route, at least for now?

As more of a speculative note, I emailed the rep back since he said I could ask him anything. I asked if there was anything different with the new Verizon "version" hardware wise or if it was the same phone. No answer for two days now. He was pretty quick on my first email. I asked the first Elite X3 rep who told me of the new "version" the same thing in my follow-up email and he never answered me at all (after he got back to me in one day the first time) and it's been over two weeks now.

If I were a betting man, silence points towards "possible" internal tweaks other than CDMA radios that they aren't allowed to speak about yet. Many of the major specs are also missing from Verizon's X3 page. Again, just speculation, but there seems to be more going on than meets the eye.
    09-23-2017 03:44 PM
    While waiting for the Verizon HP Elite x3, my partner decided it would save us money to leave Verizon. We haven't switched yet but I have a phone on its way.

My partner is weary of me going to a Verizon store to try to get it to work since we are just going to leave in a few days... just in case they mess something up.

I will install updates and let you guys know if the Verizon sim works.
    Last edited by brian_m85; 09-23-2017 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Adding more detail
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-23-2017 09:52 PM
    UPDATE from HP (9/25/2017):

The HP Sales Rep on Verizon's HP Elite X3 page, Kevin McCutchan, just sent me an email responding to my question on whether Verizon's Elite X3 would have any other changes outside of the new radios. His exact word-for-word response:

"They are very similar, same memory config, same processor, the only real difference is CDMA radio and support for Verizon bands, and VOLTE.

Kevin McCutchan."

So it looks like no major specification upgrades (although his use of the words "very similar" rather than saying "exactly the same" has me thinking a bit.) Maybe just reading into it too much? Any way, we shall hopefully see in a few weeks!
    09-25-2017 05:18 PM
    He also didn't mention W10m either.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    09-25-2017 05:23 PM
    He also didn't mention W10m either.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

It's going to be a Windows Phone. Here is the link again once more for those who missed it: https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...se/device/4916
    09-25-2017 05:28 PM
    UPDATE (#2) from HP 9/25/17:

The HP rep on Verizon's HP Elite X3 page, Kevin, emailed me back again and said he is going to notify me the day the new Elite X3 for Verizon is available. He said to "Watch for a note in the next couple of weeks."

I will post here once he contacts me, unless someone notices it before then (or hears any different news.)
    etphoto and aximtreo like this.
    09-25-2017 08:02 PM
    Thanks for all the updates. Like said before it's only a matter of time. I hope many Windows mobile users currently on VZ are able to grab a deal somehow on this model once available. Are you pretty much asking your source also how you might be the first to purchase this model? I'm curious if it will be offered off their site only at first or exclusively.
    09-25-2017 10:00 PM
    Thanks for all the updates. Like said before it's only a matter of time. I hope many Windows mobile users currently on VZ are able to grab a deal somehow on this model once available. Are you pretty much asking your source also how you might be the first to purchase this model? I'm curious if it will be offered off their site only at first or exclusively.

No problem! Great question on the exclusivity thing. As per the response of the original rep, he said it would be hitting HP.com and Microsoft Store first. My guess is it would definitely hit HP.com first.
    09-26-2017 12:28 AM
    Just found this thread. Logged into the forums solely to get subscribed to this thread. Tempted to email Kevin just to tell him he is a hero of the people.
    09-27-2017 01:12 AM
    @ocdtrekkie
    Welcome to the party :)
    09-27-2017 01:36 AM
    Just found this thread. Logged into the forums solely to get subscribed to this thread. Tempted to email Kevin just to tell him he is a hero of the people.
    Nice, welcome aboard!

Ha, ha! I don't think there is anything wrong with a complimentary email to Kevin. If anything, it will probably make him happy to know there is indeed demand for this phone on Verizon even outside of the enterprise realm. He seems like a nice guy via email :)

(P.S. Love your handle!)
    ocdtrekkie likes this.
    09-27-2017 01:53 AM
    Nice, welcome aboard!

Ha, ha! I don't think there is anything wrong with a complimentary email to Kevin. If anything, it will probably make him happy to know there is indeed demand for this phone on Verizon even outside of the enterprise realm. He seems like a nice guy via email :)

(P.S. Love your handle!)
    Thanks! I did in fact communicate with Kevin, and he confirmed everything you said, which is nice. It feels *so official* for something the actual Windows Central blog hasn't talked about in months.
    09-28-2017 08:39 AM
    Thanks! I did in fact communicate with Kevin, and he confirmed everything you said, which is nice. It feels *so official* for something the actual Windows Central blog hasn't talked about in months.
    No problem! I'm happy to hear Kevin is also confirming it with others as well (Helps confirm I'm not going crazy, haha.)

I too find it strange Windows Central has been so silent about this. They seem to puke out stories about the best iPhones and Android phones to switch to on a daily basis, but when the largest provider in the US is about to release another newer Windows Phone, nothing but silence!
    aximtreo and nate0 like this.
    09-28-2017 11:42 AM
    I think Windows Central has accepted defeat on the topic. Even Jason "I will single-handedly convince everyone Windows Mobile is still a thing" Ward says he'd buy a Galaxy Note 8 if he could afford one.
    09-28-2017 11:47 AM
    Decided to give folks a little nudge, mostly hanging on the official/public links, but also linking here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphon...3_is_imminent/
    09-28-2017 12:27 PM
    Decided to give folks a little nudge, mostly hanging on the official/public links, but also linking here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphon...3_is_imminent/
    Awesome! Thanks for posting that on Reddit. I look forward to following that thread as well :)
    09-28-2017 12:32 PM
    Its true! The Verizon version Elite x3 should be available in mid- October (around the 15th but no date in stone yet). Our Primary distribution partner will be Microsoft and you should be able to purchase via the store at Microsoft.com or in Microsoft store. Any other questions, Let me know.
    09-28-2017 02:24 PM
    Its true! The Verizon version Elite x3 should be available in mid- October (around the 15th but no date in stone yet). Our Primary distribution partner will be Microsoft and you should be able to purchase via the store at Microsoft.com or in Microsoft store. Any other questions, Let me know.
    This Verizon version will carry a FW that differs from the GSM Elite X3 correct? Meaning that FW opens the CDMA radios and enables (or disables) the appropriate LTE bands for that model.

Or, is the radio being different done at the factory before put out in production? I am asking this becuase users who have a current X3 and might have left VZ to own one, could potentially want to move back to VZ (I had owned an X3 and did leave VZ). To do so they need to purchase a new Verizon version model?
    09-28-2017 06:10 PM
    Nate, an above response from Kevin at HP seems to indicate the radio is, at bare minimum, configured differently, if not altogether a different chip or antenna configuration. I do not think there is any chance of a GSM Elite x3 being supported on Verizon, and it's likely Verizon would not activate it, because it won't be the same model number (-F606) as the Verizon model (-F606V).
    nate0 likes this.
    09-28-2017 06:20 PM
    Hey Sanchezursua! Welcome to the thread and thank you for the confirmation on the HP Elite X3 for Verizon in Mid-October. The HP rep I spoke with on Verizon's Elite X3 OpenDev webpage, said that outside of the CDMA radios, Verizon bands, and VOLTE, the Verizon "version" of the X3 will be "similar" to it's GSM brother.

I was curious if you could go into more detail on "similar". Are there any other internal tweaks, like more storage or camera upgrade, that you might be able to share with us? Or will both models be exactly the same physically and internally minus the radios?

Thank you in advance!
    09-28-2017 06:34 PM
    After putting a valid Verizon sim it looks like the GSM version still doesn't work.

I hope this comes to Verizon. It's a sweet device.
    09-28-2017 07:43 PM
    I jus sent an email to the Kevin guy on the developer page and that's what I got from him.

his name was Kevin
    09-28-2017 11:45 PM
    I jus sent an email to the Kevin guy on the developer page and that's what I got from him.

his name was Kevin
    Ahhh, gotcha. As mentioned, that's what he told me and others on this thread too. The way you wrote your post, it sounded like you worked for HP yourself ;)
    09-29-2017 02:24 AM

his name was Kevin
    LOL, you mean you are not here to answer all our questions we're dying to have answered?
    09-29-2017 07:51 AM
375 1234 ...