That's a welcome edition here. Ill sell my pixel and get a Windows phone again. Windows phone were the best phones.
    Fluffyrock8 likes this.
    10-10-2017 07:48 AM
    We should call this thread the VZ Elite X3 camp out thread...lol
    10-10-2017 07:51 AM
    These phones outpace Android and no phone crashes like Ive seen with my pixel
    10-10-2017 08:07 AM
    These phones outpace Android and no phone crashes like Ive seen with my pixel
    I hear ya. I have used the Pixel XL and the more I try to familiarize myself back with Android the more I get turned away. Hardware is there, and responsiveness is top notch, but it lacks a fluid UI in my opinion, and lacks the ability to adapt to me. I read lots of emails and text messages. The simplicity of W10M helps me to do that efficiently and effectively. I suppose on Android I could get use to it being different, but why do that if W10M is still breathing. If Windows on phones/mobile ever disappears I realize now I might find myself using iOS/iPhones.
    aximtreo and Fluffyrock8 like this.
    10-10-2017 08:34 AM
    Just created an account so I could join the conversation- I've been following this thread closely, thanks to everyone for all the useful info!

I'm on Verizon and I've been using the HTC One M8 for Windows as sold by Verizon for the last two years. It hasn't had a security/system update since March 2016 lol. So I am definitely on the edge of my seat, waiting for the Verizon version of the Elite x3.

Really excited that it's definitely happening! :D
    aximtreo, etphoto and Nate W like this.
    10-10-2017 06:08 PM
    I'm very curious now as to what is going on. Yesterday (October 10, 2017) I checked the status of the Verizon X3 on our distributor that had an ETA of 10/10/2017. Here is what the live stock status looked like then:

x3-2017-10-10.jpg

Today, I checked the status of the same device. It looks like this:

x3-2017-10-11.jpg

Huh? Besides no stock status, the distributor price now says Not Available. It could be that since it was not available on the ETA date that the system cleared it, but that wouldn't explain the disappearance of the 10/24/2017 date for the other warehouse.

It was also interesting to note that they anticipated a quantity of 1 for each warehouse.

All this said, I don't put a lot of stock into the statuses here, especially for a new product anticipated. We'll wait and see!
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-11-2017 09:24 AM
    Huh? Besides no stock status, the distributor price now says Not Available. It could be that since it was not available on the ETA date that the system cleared it, but that wouldn't explain the disappearance of the 10/24/2017 date for the other warehouse.

It was also interesting to note that they anticipated a quantity of 1 for each warehouse.

All this said, I don't put a lot of stock into the statuses here, especially for a new product anticipated. We'll wait and see!
    Hmmm, weird and interesting. Could be a few different things, although there seems to have been more news of late from MS (specifically Joe Belifore) signaling it's time to move forward with a different OS. (At least to the consumer community.) Combine that with all the new news about MS putting more effort into their Android / iOS apps and I wonder if HP has done an about face?

My initial thought is, I kind of doubt it seeing as HP probably spent a good chunk of time and money getting all the CDMA, WiFI, and Bluetooth certifications for the new Verizon variant. And the fact they were already "mid-production" on the Verizon X3 (per the sales reps terminology anyway). Maybe they are changing model numbers? Or maybe they are prepping for new database entries?

It's still showing on Verizon's open dev page and is available for purchase on a bunch of sites now (though that doesn't mean much either) The HP rep Kevin said mid-October around the 15th, so I won't reach out to him until next week for an update.

In the meantime, I got a REALLY good deal on a new Pixel XL 128GB I'm going to play with while I wait for the Elite X3. This way I can try out Androd and try to Microsoftize it and I also have a backup in case things go south with the Verizon launch.
    tgp likes this.
    10-11-2017 11:30 AM
    You kind of wonder if MS slide a little cash under the table to HP (to help cover the cost of the CDMA process). MS doesn't care of it **** on the consumer but they have to keep at least one OEM happy.
    10-11-2017 11:44 AM
    You kind of wonder if MS slide a little cash under the table to HP (to help cover the cost of the CDMA process).
    I suspect that this happened before HP even agreed to produce the X3 in the first place. I would wager that HP was guaranteed not to lose on the deal.
    10-11-2017 01:05 PM
    You kind of wonder if MS slide a little cash under the table to HP (to help cover the cost of the CDMA process).
    I suspect that this happened before HP even agreed to produce the original X3. HP was probably guaranteed not to lose on the deal.
    10-11-2017 01:05 PM
    Note the language the HP rep used about the additional model of the x3: "On hold". My guess is HP is still very much interested in the phone market, and that the Elite x3 is a win for them entering it either way. The discussion of an Android-powered x3 has come up before, and I'd expect HP to inevitably introduce one for companies which are intended to use that platform. Going the way the HTC One 8whatever did and having a single hardware platform for both OSes would be a big win for HP down the line.

I suspect whatever's next is "on hold" because Microsoft's timeline for CShell/Core OS/Andromeda/whatevertheycallitnext got pushed back. Microsoft surely waited this long to "kill Windows Phone" because they were hoping for a smoother transition, but the timeline didn't work out.
    10-11-2017 01:45 PM
    Note the language the HP rep used about the additional model of the x3: "On hold".
    Actually we don't have a clue what's going on, and I bet the HP reps don't either. I've worked with them enough to know that they're often guessing or making stuff up, or stating "facts" based on rumors. They must tell the customer something.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2017 02:05 PM
    Actually we don't have a clue what's going on, and I bet the HP reps don't either. I've worked with them enough to know that they're often guessing or making stuff up, or stating "facts" based on rumors. They must tell the customer something.
    For what it's worth, my comment prefaced my thoughts multiple times with "my guess" and "I suspect". ;)
    tgp likes this.
    10-11-2017 02:07 PM
    For what it's worth, my comment prefaced my thoughts multiple times with "my guess" and "I suspect". ;)
    Yes I know! I use similar disclaimers. My comment was basically deduced from all the posts where each one of us say what's happening, and we all have different ideas. But based on my experience, I wouldn't put much stock in what HP or Verizon or Microsoft reps say either. They're sometimes are basing their replies off of the same information we get.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2017 02:10 PM
    We should call this thread the VZ Elite X3 camp out thread...lol
    More like the x3's swan song.
    Guytronic, Nate W and libra89 like this.
    10-11-2017 05:26 PM
    Thank you all for the information you have been posting. I'm happy to see that so many people are in the same position as me, Looking for a good replacement for my Lumia 735 wile Microsoft gets it together and finally develops the "surface phone" or something of the sort. By following a link I found on the Verizon website, I found contact info for a man named Kevin McCutchan from the HP sales development department who is in charge of the Elite X3. I called him Monday (Oct 9) and he informed me that the Elite X3 for Verizon is currently IN PRODUCTION. It will not be dual band, CDMA only, and HP is committed to service them for at least 2 more years if not longer. Also, in response to where they will be found for purchase, he informed me that Microsoft had purchased the entire run and they will only be available from their site. He said at the rate they are going, he assumed Microsoft would have them listed sometime as early as next week, which falls in line with the "mid-October" assumption. Aside from some other questions he answered about the workings of the device, that is all I know about the release. Needless to say, I'm checking Microsofts site every day and poised to pounce when available. Hope this Info helps.
    Nate W and Fluffyrock8 like this.
    10-11-2017 11:25 PM
    My provantage order got cancelled with this statement below (but don't worry anyone as I contacted Kevin McCutchan shortly after this):
    "Thursday, October 12, 2017

Hello from PROVANTAGE.COM,

We're sorry, but our distribution partner has informed us that the item you ordered has been discontinued by the manufacturer and they are unable to process your order.

We recommend that you contact the manufacturer for information regarding a replacement part number and place a new order."

I am not sure what their distribution partner has on file for info on this SKU, but I am going to wait for the Microsoft store at this point.

So after contacting Kevin McCutchan he asked where I ordered from and added that Microsoft sourced most of their production of the VZW model to sell online and in their stores. He also added that it should be available any day now suggesting to wait for theirs to be made available.

Edit: Provantage came back and confirmed my reply to them about being a new product. They advised me to submit a new order and it would be 2-3 weeks...
    Last edited by Nate W; 10-12-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    aximtreo, libra89 and Physman369 like this.
    10-12-2017 09:01 AM
    I've been rockin my Verizon Lumia 928 for four and a half years. I'm ready!
    10-12-2017 11:22 AM
    The distributor from which I was posting photos above has now completely delisted 1PK93AA#ABA.

x3-2017-10-12.jpg

It was still there last night. However 1PK92AA#ABA is still listed, but no ETA.
    10-12-2017 12:24 PM
    These aren't good signs.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    10-12-2017 12:26 PM
    @etphoto
    Wondering myself now what to do on this one. If I go and reorder the one from provantage, I know that I can return it if it goes for cheaper some place else. However I would need to wait for the refund and what not and sounds like limited supplies will be in order this time around.
    10-12-2017 01:09 PM
    These aren't good signs.
    Yes that's right, along with Nate W's report of Provantage canceling the order. My distributor went...

from this on Tuesday, October 10:

x3-2017-10-10.jpg

to this on Wednesday, October 11:

x3-2017-10-11.jpg

to this on Thursday, October 12.

x3-2017-10-12.jpg
    10-12-2017 01:16 PM
    Maybe...this is just affirmation that they will only be sold through Microsoft store. Maybe.
    10-12-2017 01:25 PM
    The distributor from which I was posting photos above has now completely delisted 1PK93AA#ABA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X3 2017-10-12.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	137701

It was still there last night. However 1PK92AA#ABA is still listed, but no ETA.
    Oddly the one I ordered that was cancelled was 1PK92AA#ABA. Both SKUs are still available for pre-order and they stated the distributor gave the incorrect info back. Not sure what to make of this yet.
    10-12-2017 01:30 PM
    Oddly the one I ordered that was cancelled was 1PK92AA#ABA. Both SKUs are still available for pre-order and they stated the distributor gave the incorrect info back
    This distributor still has 1PK92AA#ABA listed, but with no ETA date. Another distributor we use still has both models listed, again with no ETA.

So far the only change I've seen anywhere is this distributor with 1PK93AA#ABA. But this was also the only listing of four (two models at two distributors) that had an ETA. It's strange how it went from an ETA at two different warehouses (albeit Qty. 1 at each!) to removal in 2 days' time.
    10-12-2017 01:36 PM
215 ... 45678 ...