A New Verizon version of the HP Elite X3 is coming in Mid-October

Fluffyrock8

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
So I actually emailed Mr. Kevin McCutchan as well on Friday, mostly just to get an update as well as confirmation as where/how it will be sold. He replied yesterday:

Fluffyrock8

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
So at least we have some sort of update. I was hoping to get it through Verizon so that I wouldn't have to pay it all upfront, but oh well. Guess I'll be putting my money towards this and waiting to buy an Xbox One X lol :p

P.S. I had to make three separate replies because the site kept giving me an "Exceeded spam threshold (3/3)" error. I'm new here, no idea what that means lol, but got it to work this way

Fluffyrock8

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
So at least we have some sort of update. I was hoping to get it through Verizon so that I wouldn't have to pay it all upfront, but oh well. Guess I'll be putting my money towards this and waiting to buy an Xbox One X lol :p

P.S. I had to make three separate replies because the site kept giving me an "Exceeded spam threshold (3/3)" error. I'm new here, no idea what that means lol, but got it to work this way

EDIT: What on earth... so apparently my quote needs to be approved by a mod, and meanwhile it posted my 3rd reply twice?? Lol IDK

If the quote with Kevin's reply doesn't show up in the next day or so, I'll try posting again

Fluffyrock8

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
ALRIGHT GUYS, it worked. Lol.

So yeah, he just basically confirmed it'll be sold by Microsoft and to look for it to show up in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry for my messed up posts lol

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
ALRIGHT GUYS, it worked. Lol.

So yeah, he just basically confirmed it'll be sold by Microsoft and to look for it to show up in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry for my messed up posts lol
Welcome to "Coming Soon". I sincerely hope you get your phone, you won't be disappointed. By the phone that is.

Physman369

May 12, 2017
Visit site
You would think that they wanted to get a jump on the iPhone 10 shipping... How is it intelligent to wait until AFTER iPhone 10 starts shipping???? Perhaps that is the goal. At this point I don't think MS wants to renew any interest in WP 10 Mobile, so they are trying to kill off the ecosystem as much as possible. They have been doing so w/ their mobile device app focus for over a year, and they have clearly stated they will no longer be providing any feature updates to the OS which means any OEMs that may want to release new HW w/ new features will not be able to do so. This is why HP decided to not do anymore X3 production beyond what they have already appropriated for.

I can't see why MS is pushing itself into a corner, but they are certainly getting themselves ready for utter irrelevance in the entire marketplace not just consumer market.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Was hoping it might've been added the same time the Surface Book 2 got added to the store, but no dice. Still waiting.

I have to keep telling myself "patience grasshopper" to wait, be nice if we had a concrete date on hand so we are not fumbling in the dark. I guess the fact that we know it is coming is good enough, just the wait is getting hard since we know it is close by...

Kind of have a bad feeling it won't arrive until after Oct. 31. That is when the sale on the GSM unlocked model/bundle ends. This would put it at full retail, which Kevin has hinted it would be sold at.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It's a shame that you Verizon folks are being held at bay like this. If only Samsung had sent a proper update path for the Ativ SE you'd be in a more stable place.

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Heh yeah, I bought the ATIV SE when it was new. I chose it over the Lumia Icon based on specs: Removable battery was the big one.

...A couple years later I ended up picking up a Lumia Icon used, because it was now a superior phone. \o/

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Don’t forget the M8. Another OEM dragged into the trenches.

Wasn't it the OEMs that chose not to support the upgrade/changeover? I know in the case of the ATIV SE, Microsoft's software technically worked but the drivers caused crashes and stuff. (Even when I pushed my ATIV SE up to 8.1 early, it caused the touchscreen to have issues.)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Wasn't it the OEMs that chose not to support the upgrade/changeover? I know in the case of the ATIV SE, Microsoft's software technically worked but the drivers caused crashes and stuff. (Even when I pushed my ATIV SE up to 8.1 early, it caused the touchscreen to have issues.)

Ehh, I guess it depends how you look at it. I think you are right though. But remember Microsoft ended up not really going after W10M for the long haul, so it is a two way street. Maybe the OEMs like HTC, Samsung did not see the benefit/profit in investing in something headed down hill. We are just the innocent by standers so to speak, and I really do not know who is at fault/to blame/the one dragging...the M8 works on Windows 10 mobile and had a path through the insider app I believe, like the ICON did but when it came time to roll it out, HTC did not want anything to do with it I believe.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I used the Ative on Windows 10 mobile for a while and it did real well. I honestly have been looking for another lately cheap online, but have not found one yet. Just to have around and use from time to time...The one I had the sim slot went bad, and I had to replace it. It is a well built device and like mentioned the battery did well on it. SD card slot too. The screen was one of the best at the time being a Sammy built AMOLED lit one.

JethroB

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
I have to keep telling myself "patience grasshopper" to wait, be nice if we had a concrete date on hand so we are not fumbling in the dark. I guess the fact that we know it is coming is good enough, just the wait is getting hard since we know it is close by...

Kind of have a bad feeling it won't arrive until after Oct. 31. That is when the sale on the GSM unlocked model/bundle ends. This would put it at full retail, which Kevin has hinted it would be sold at.

I received an email from Kevin last night.
He stated, "It should be listed most any day via Microsoft.Com/store."
Should be any day now!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
There was a camera comparo here a few years ago between the SE, Icon and the M8. I think it was Rubino who authored it and the results were interesting.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I received an email from Kevin last night.
He stated, "It should be listed most any day via Microsoft.Com/store."
Should be any day now!

I'm interested in how this will spin out. The other distributor delisted 1PK93AA over the weekend. However, 1PK92AA is still listed at both, but with no ETA or quantities ordered.

One of the distributors, Ingram Micro, ships out of the same warehouse as Provantage. I'm not quite sure about their relationship, but I believe Provantage is their consumer department.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I used the Ative on Windows 10 mobile for a while and it did real well. I honestly have been looking for another lately cheap online, but have not found one yet. Just to have around and use from time to time...The one I had the sim slot went bad, and I had to replace it. It is a well built device and like mentioned the battery did well on it. SD card slot too. The screen was one of the best at the time being a Sammy built AMOLED lit one.

I'm still on my ATIV SE which has Windows 10 on it thanks to a registry hack which allowed it to download the latest builds through Insider Preview. However, I've been stuck on 15063.251 since about April of this year. Things were actually running pretty smoothly on it up until the past two months. The random reboots, app crashes, and lagginess in starting certain apps are starting to wear on me. But I do love the size and one-handedness of the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium