A New Verizon version of the HP Elite X3 is coming in Mid-October

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on my ATIV SE which has Windows 10 on it thanks to a registry hack which allowed it to download the latest builds through Insider Preview. However, I've been stuck on 15063.251 since about April of this year. Things were actually running pretty smoothly on it up until the past two months. The random reboots, app crashes, and lagginess in starting certain apps are starting to wear on me. But I do love the size and one-handedness of the device.
There is something going on with that build. I could never get it to load on my Acer Primo even though it ran perfectly on AU. How did the Ativ run on 14393?

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
There is something going on with that build. I could never get it to load on my Acer Primo even though it ran perfectly on AU. How did the Ativ run on 14393?

I wish I could remember! haha. The builds were coming so fast and furious at one point, I didn't really keep tally of what I was on. I was just happy to get updates. If I had to guess, it ran smoothly, as it did for most of the time I've had it on Windows 10 Mobile.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
https://www.windowscentral.com/lumi...etting-windows-10-mobile-fall-creators-update

First official mention: Microsoft has officially stated the Verizon Elite x3 supports the Fall Creator's Update.

I love how it's just a blurb, and not even a full throated one at that.

"HP Elite x3 Verizon devices as still in support with the Fall Creators Update, but both of these devices aren't actually on sale. Perhaps new Windows phones (for the enterprise) are in-bound after all."

We've done more research on it than they have, haha!

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Windows Central apparently doesn't consider either the Verizon certification or the release window/distribution partner information newsworthy: https://twitter.com/zacbowden/status/920680297838071808

No they don't. And a senior editor saying there hasn't been any new news? This coming from a site that has a writer who has been writing the same mostly repetitious editorials about one quote the MS CEO said about mobile devices 9 months ago.

Based on the Senior Editor's profile photo, I now have visual proof this site is run by 13-year-olds.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
No they don't. And a senior editor saying there hasn't been any new news? This coming from a site that has a writer who has been writing the same mostly repetitious editorials about one quote the MS CEO said about mobile devices 9 months ago.

Based on the Senior Editor's profile photo, I now have visual proof this site is run by 13-year-olds.
Just a little egg on face. It would go well with a side dish of crow.

Zac Bowden

Windows Central Senior Editor
Staff member
Apr 25, 2016
windowscentral.com
We have been in contact with HP and will report on this topic once the device becomes available. We have already written about it coming to Verizon. We don't need to keep writing about that. Now, can you guys please act a little more your age? Thank you.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
We have been in contact with HP and will report on this topic once the device becomes available. We have already written about it coming to Verizon. We don't need to keep writing about that. Now, can you guys please act a little more your age? Thank you.

Any concrete date yet? Am dying here waiting on it...Thanks.

Zac Bowden

Windows Central Senior Editor
Staff member
Apr 25, 2016
windowscentral.com
No, and that's why we haven't reported on it. You guys keep saying HP told you September, then mid-October. Is the device here yet? No. We want to report on accurate information. When it's on the front page, you'll know :)

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

Geez Zac, who peed in your corn flakes this morning? Oh, well maybe that was me. My apologies for going personal on the age thing, it was uncalled for. But as for "already written about it coming to Verizon", my argument was (and still is) your coverage of it seems downright invisible compared to some of the other news stories and articles being posted to the main page. I know I could pull up at least 2 or 3 articles in recent months about Lumia phones that were nixed and never saw the light of day (hell, even a review was done on one.) However, outside of the news tidbit in July where it was posted as a question / possibility "May be Coming to Verizon", there has been zilch coverage of the the HP documentation being updated on their site or Verizon posting a page on their OpenDev site saying the HP Elite X3 is going to be compatible to the network (The site went live well over a month ago and apparently other readers said they sent info to the editors.) Hell, even the last Fall Creators story about W10M says "Perhaps" a CDMA version is inbound for Verizon. Instead there are a ton more articles about how to switch to Android. That's my qualm. Just that it's being very under reported. I get that it may not be a big deal to most people at this stage of the W10M game, but it's still a device plenty of others are looking forward to in the Windows world. Also, being that you guys cover the progress of countless other pieces of unreleased Windows Hardware/software ad nausea, you'd think this one would get a least a little more attention since a new Windows phone on the Verizon network, even at this point in time, is a pretty big deal.

Again, I don't mind being told to "act my age", based on my uncalled for insult. However, based on all the facts above, I don't appreciate being told I'm a liar about your lackluster coverage of a news story. If I had a nickel for all the repetitive posts on WindowsCentral.com covering every nuanced bit of info about the same piece of hardware or software as it travels through it's development cycle, I could have retired several years ago ;)

That said, I won't be visiting the main home page any more to read "news" or articles. I'll use a different site. But I'm sure you were going to suggest I do that anyway. So I saved you some time :)

Have a great day!

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
While I am a Windows/Lumia fan on Verizon, I am no longer looking forward to this. My hope was that the X3 would be a different model on Verizon, with an upgraded camera, and this does not appear to be the case (so far, the Icon's camera still destroys X3's). In addition, with microshaft's announcements about dropping Groove and offering minimal Windows 10 Mobile life support, it is tough to justify paying $600 for a new device.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
No, and that's why we haven't reported on it. You guys keep saying HP told you September, then mid-October. Is the device here yet? No. We want to report on accurate information. When it's on the front page, you'll know :)
To be fair, WC did report quite a bit about the McLaren. Maybe you didn't per se, but "we" did.

This one still has a chance albeit a small one.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Maybe in a year we will see a report on the HP devices that WOULD have been. Seems they had plans, but those plans were spoiled obviously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss