A New Verizon version of the HP Elite X3 is coming in Mid-October

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
HYPE. Emailed the HP sales person to inquire about details. (I ended up losing notifications on this thread, whoops.) Should be on the Microsoft Store in two days at this point anyways.

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
HP dude says it's on backorder right now. Sounds like Allen got lucky. Price is $679+tax and dock is $130+tax. Given the rumor that in two days we can order from Microsoft for potentially $599, it makes sense to wait.

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Wow...BlackBerry KEYone BBB100-3 for Verizon is $550. I will be looking to get that instead of the X3 to replace my orange Lumia Icon once I get some extra cash. Sad times for Windows "Mobile".

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Wow...BlackBerry KEYone BBB100-3 for Verizon is $550. I will be looking to get that instead of the X3 to replace my orange Lumia Icon once I get some extra cash. Sad times for Windows "Mobile".

If it wasn't for the malicious OS it ships with, a BlackBerry would be pretty compelling. X3 should be available tomorrow, Iunno why you're coming to an X3 thread just to tell us you aren't buying one.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If it wasn't for the malicious OS it ships with, a BlackBerry would be pretty compelling. X3 should be available tomorrow, Iunno why you're coming to an X3 thread just to tell us you aren't buying one.
The majority of us here at WC are fans of all tech and have owned devices from all types of OSes. This thread is part of a larger forum where we come to shoot the sh*t and compare notes on what's going on elsewhere. We're all family here and don't have cliques or secret handshakes.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It's not like there's more than two choices. We all know why Bill chose the green robot...

Last edited:

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
It's not like there's more than two choices. We all know why Bill chose the green robot...

Yup. And what's stunning is how Microsoft's antitrust kerfuffle pails in comparison to the blatant criminal conduct Google is engaged in. According to the Wall Street Journal yesterday, apparently they got Trump's first FTC Commissioner pushed out of the running because he was planning on reopening the investigation the Obama administration had silently shut down. When Google's monopoly is so all-encompassing they control the antimonopoly regulators, you know we're up a freaking creek.

Physman369

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Honestly, if Joe, and Bill are using Android, it does not make a lot of sense to think that MS is going to support any new comers, or much less keep around hard followers to a platform that they are trying to kill off as quickly as possible. I think I am reluctantly throwing the towel in on this, and just upgrading to a Galaxy Note 8, or iPhone X. Already ordered iPhone X, but may cancel for Note 8...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I've been testing out a couple of newer Android phones myself. It's difficult with these for me. Syncing accounts content and backups seems archaic compared to Windows phones. I have two right now and both I'm trying to sell to make ends meet for when the VZW Elite pops up. The Essential phone has the patch for Krack already and I'm currently using it...last week I traded in 3 phones to Best buy and got a brand new v30 that I have not even activated yet, and for some reason it's not sold yet....

At some point I'm going to have to switch. I can see current app support bringing the shift that hits the soonest. Right now I'm only caught in between and hoping to stay on the Windows mobile platform as long as possible. I might keep one of these two Android phones as a spare depending on which sells first.

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
The only way I'd even consider an Android again is if Microsoft's apps worked without Google Play Services. The fact that right now you need to have malware installed on your phone to use it is pretty much a dealbreaker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte