A New Verizon version of the HP Elite X3 is coming in Mid-October

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the update! I have a Pixel 2 in had right now charging. Debating whether I should pull the trigger. Do you know what the MicrosoftStore.com return policy is?
Buried but found it. Number 16. here it says 30 days and so on so forth

For some reason the link is broke, but you get the point...

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Buried but found it. Number 16. here it says 30 days and so on so forth

For some reason the link is broke, but you get the point...

Awesome! Thank you sir!

I might just get it to play around with to see if I like it enough to stay with W10M. If the camera was better, I probably would without hesitation. However, that and the ultra large size are making me hesitant. I'm coming from an ATIV SE and the Pixel 2 is almost the exact same dimensions and just comfortable one-handed. (I have small hands). The X3 is going to be a beast for me. But I really am not fond of Android (or Google as a company).

Ugh, decisions, decisions...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Awesome! Thank you sir!

I might just get it to play around with to see if I like it enough to stay with W10M. If the camera was better, I probably would without hesitation. However, that and the ultra large size are making me hesitant. I'm coming from an ATIV SE and the Pixel 2 is almost the exact same dimensions and just comfortable one-handed. (I have small hands). The X3 is going to be a beast for me. But I really am not fond of Android (or Google as a company).

Ugh, decisions, decisions...
Selling my Essential phone tonight actually. Hopefully I sell some of my others off too. Placed my order already. Wish you the best. The cameras on the pixel 2's are only going to get better as Oreo updates get pushed.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I have one for sale on this site for half the price. The "only" difference is it's for GSM carriers and not CDMA. Just saying.

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
It shows in stock at my local Microsoft store. I'll be picking one up after work. Finally!

I probably could hit up my local Microsoft Store, but by the time I could get there, it'll probably arrive by mail anyways. Figured I'd lock in my order now.

I have one for sale on this site for half the price. The "only" difference is it's for GSM carriers and not CDMA. Just saying.

Those of us who have been on Verizon for a long time are pretty used to paying more for phones on our carrier.

JethroB

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
With overwhelming demand, the phone is already out of stock at the online Microsoft store.
Looks like only current option is to purchase at brick and mortar store.
HP Elite x3 - Verizon.PNG

evilkingteapot

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
elite.jpg

So I have one now. The store manager told me they came in two weeks ago but no one asked for them until today. Two weeks isn't going to kill me but it adds to more frustration that if HP and Microsoft together can't figure out when they're selling something that this platform was never going to survive. One of the guys in the store also said the platform has been pretty much dead since January of this year. He pulled out his 1520 and said he loved it but suggested I start taking a look at the Samsung Androids as that was Microsoft's future direction.

That being said - he was excited I was buying one.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 137943

So I have one now. The store manager told me they came in two weeks ago but no one asked for them until today. Two weeks isn't going to kill me but it adds to more frustration that if HP and Microsoft together can't figure out when they're selling something that this platform was never going to survive. One of the guys in the store also said the platform has been pretty much dead since January of this year. He pulled out his 1520 and said he loved it but suggested I start taking a look at the Samsung Androids as that was Microsoft's future direction.

That being said - he was excited I was buying one.

WOW, even Microsoft Store associates suggesting people buy Androids? The writing isn't just on the wall, it's in stone :(

So sad. I was gung ho on getting an Elite X3 for Verizon but one can't help but feel deflated at this point.

evilkingteapot

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So sad. I was gung ho on getting an Elite X3 for Verizon but one can't help but feel deflated at this point.

Get one. This is going to sound ridiculous - but I've been playing for it for about 10 minutes and this is an awesome phone. The build quality feels really solid. The dock is an absolute brick - and I didn't realize it even came with a built in gigabit port. It feels similar in my hand to my wife's 7s plus only the iPhone has a metalic back vs the rubberized x3 back.

Coming from an Icon, the UI seems more responsive. I never thought the Icon was sluggish, but the transitions on screen feel snappier on the x3.

kidfromborneo

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
After reading in here that it was out of stock, I had to call Microsoft. And yes they are out of stock but can be found in some of their stores, except it seems here in Arizona they show out of stock. But I will call my local store and see if that's true. But the Microsoft rep. did say the phones were going to have more in stock next month and are suppose to be a new model. ?? I don't know how true that is but if anyone here who has better connections than me could find out that would be awesome.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Get one. This is going to sound ridiculous - but I've been playing for it for about 10 minutes and this is an awesome phone. The build quality feels really solid. The dock is an absolute brick - and I didn't realize it even came with a built in gigabit port. It feels similar in my hand to my wife's 7s plus only the iPhone has a metalic back vs the rubberized x3 back.

Coming from an Icon, the UI seems more responsive. I never thought the Icon was sluggish, but the transitions on screen feel snappier on the x3.

Thanks @evilkingteapot!

Are you able to comment on the app loading and responsiveness. Apps on my ATIV SE like FB Messenger take forever to load up. Also how is the camera?How is the sound out of the front speakers? What are your thoughts on the display? How bright is it?

Thanks again!

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I love that the Windows Mobile phone that Windows Central editors said nobody wanted is out of stock in less than 24 hours. Maybe Microsoft even might notice there's a huge demand they're just not filling.

evilkingteapot

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I love that the Windows Mobile phone that Windows Central editors said nobody wanted is out of stock in less than 24 hours. Maybe Microsoft even might notice there's a huge demand they're just not filling.
@ocdtrekkie

I just hope they don't use the fact that these things sat in stores unsold for two weeks as a "lack of interest."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99