A New Verizon version of the HP Elite X3 is coming in Mid-October

kidfromborneo

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I could to so I tried to buy it and had to contact them again. Microsoft support also tried to complete my purchase but then came back and said it was available again, but by the time I tried to purchase it the stock was sold out again. He said it is available in some Microsoft stores, just not near me.

evilkingteapot

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to comment on the app loading and responsiveness. Apps on my ATIV SE like FB Messenger take forever to load up. Also how is the camera?How is the sound out of the front speakers? What are your thoughts on the display? How bright is it?

@PuckCowboy
App loading seems very responsive, but I've been bogged down with some work and haven't had a chance to really play. It spent almost an hour downloading/installing windows updates and then downloading a bunch of updates from the app store. Seems like HP must have finalized this ROM a long time ago. I'll download FB tonight and let you know.

Pictures - sensor seems to be about the same as on the Icon. I see it in items out of focus - on a DSLR you would get a nice smooth aperture blur but here you notice some pixelation. I'd say you'd really have to look hard to notice the difference compared to an Icon. But again - I haven't really liked the pictures out of my Icon since it was on WP8 with the Lumia apps. I don't know if those apps did better post-processing, or the auto-settings just were set better when taking pictures. I remember thinking that they consistently looked better than my wife's iPhone pictures. Since she got the 7 plus we never use the Icon. It's almost like the Icon just picks poor exposure settings, and if I'm going to have to mess around with that, I'll just use a DSLR.

Speakers - If I was really listening to music/movies on a regular I'd invest in an external speaker. They just sound a little treble heavy. They're better than a some phones I've heard, but I'm actually kind of surprised B&O put their name on them. Maybe I'm expecting too much out of something so small.

Display is bright - on par with the Lumia. I like the larger display, but miss the dedicated camera and windows buttons. I'll get used to the dedicated windows buttons though - that's just me being a dinosaur.

It's a solid phone - and I think most of my "on par" attitude is probably coming from the fact that I'm comparing an old phone to brand new phones. It seems to be exactly the same as the AT&T model minus the dual sim support.

evilkingteapot

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to both my local Microsoft Store and the online Microsoft Store sales folks within the last week and nobody knew this phone was even coming.

The manager of the Microsoft store I was in told one of the salespeople there to go get one of the x3s that came in two weeks ago. Said they were in for two weeks but were just being promoted today. Not saying this was the case across the board - this wasn't a uniform roll out at all. I would not be surprised if your store received no x3s. I didn't even think to call earlier because everyone here was on it and I assumed the answer in one store would be the same as another.

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Both my closest Microsoft stores actually have them in stock. (I live in the Chicagoland area, so I have multiple Microsoft stores available to me.) I guess I coulda gone to pick them up today, but it was a safer bet to just place the order online last night, even if I have to wait a couple extra days because of it.

JethroB

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Just picked up my phone at the Microsoft Store. Took some photos with the x3 and my Lumia Icon since the camera was my biggest concern. The x3 took a sharper photo at a distance and close up, had better color reproduction and less shutter lag. It was also smother and faster in general. Got it for $579. They got 6 Phones and the rep didn't know he had them. He used to have an x3 until he dropped it and cracked the screen. He has a S8 now and doesn't like the confusing OS at all. Now that he knows the Verizon version is available, he is going to go back to the x3 since he liked it so much.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Both my closest Microsoft stores actually have them in stock. (I live in the Chicagoland area, so I have multiple Microsoft stores available to me.) I guess I coulda gone to pick them up today, but it was a safer bet to just place the order online last night, even if I have to wait a couple extra days because of it.

My order is still processing.

Nevermind. Just got the shipped email as I typed this...

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
So, I had ordered mine last night around midnight, and it already says it should arrive tomorrow. Really expedient shipping they pulled off, it looks like they're shipping right from the main UPS hub in Louisville. I was a little worried I was gonna be depressed waiting so many days for it, but it won't take long at all.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Will this phone get the next mobile OS update? Will the 950 and 950XL? The fall Windows 10 mobile creators update?

Update: Purchased a HP Elite X3 Bundle (Verizon No Contract) for pickup at the Mall of America Microsoft Store in Minneapolis / St. Paul / Bloomington Minnesota. I plan to pick up a Harmon Karden Invoke at the same time, since I'll be there.

Last edited:

DMFDMinister

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
Super excited to be able to have WP on Verizon. I walked over to my Microsoft store in Indianapolis last night and picked mine up with the dock for $539.01 +tax.

I'm always looking for a good deal, so I asked if there were any additional store discounts, etc. After taking a few moments to search online, I found that the student/education store is at 10% off. However the phone is listed at full price in the online student store. I asked if I could use the .edu discount in store and was told typically not because the item was already discounted, but my rep tried anyway and it worked!

Gift that keeps on giving - my university provided alumni with lifetime email accounts when I was there and still leveraging discount with it today.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Gift that keeps on giving - my university provided alumni with lifetime email accounts when I was there and still leveraging discount with it today.
Same for me. I login to mine from time to time just to make sure it is still working, as I find it hard to believe they really do allow the email space for that long...

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Nice thought on the student discount, I didn't even think about it. It's alright, I was prepped to pay $800 for this phone.

Phone was delivered, but issues at work so I can't justify sneaking out to drive back and get it.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Nice thought on the student discount, I didn't even think about it. It's alright, I was prepped to pay $800 for this phone.

Phone was delivered, but issues at work so I can't justify sneaking out to drive back and get it.

If you are an eBates member, you can also get 3.5% off cash back by linking to the MS store through their site.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Still can come let us know on the forums...;)...Meanwhile my tracking says nothing. Has not budged since Nov 2 1am. Says label created...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs