A New Verizon version of the HP Elite X3 is coming in Mid-October

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I saw someone post that they are from AZ. And that the stock was out at the stores. I too see that online. But I called a rep and they verified there is stock in the stores here in AZ. There are two stores one in Chandler and the other is in Scottsdale. Just call a Microsoft store rep and have them check the stock from their end.

JDOlywa

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
So the Microsoft store is supposed to let me get a warranty exchange for my 950xl. Camera has toasted early, no focus. Anyhow, we want to transition back to Verizon. ATT service is not so good here, neither is Tmobile. Still have to find a phone for the other half.

Sorry for the dinkus question. Does anyone know if the Verizon version will also work on ATT?

I know one is CDMA/LTE and the other is GSM/LTE.

Very excited to get the phone!

Thanks

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Verizon version will not work on AT&T.

Actually it should work, it is just how well it will work or you need it to work. It has the LTE bands 2, 4, and 5 for one.

LTE: FDD1900 (B2), AWS (B4), 850 (B5), 700c (B13)

It also has these GSM and additional roaming bands
GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 1900 MHz (Band II), 1800 MHz (Band III), 850 MHz (Band V), 900 MHz (Band VIII) MHz WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+: 2100(Band I), 1900 (Band II), AWS(Band IV), 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII) MHz LTE: 1800 (B3), 2600 (B7), 800DD (B20), 700APT(B28A)

You could activate it on AT&T. You just might struggle with it depending on how well it plays with allowing you to add new APN settings. Ideally though you do not want this phone to use for AT&T.

When the one arriving for me finally gets here, I will test my other line for AT&T in it just to make sure and let you all know.

JDOlywa

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Replaced my 950xl with the Verizon Elite x3 today. Nice warranty replacement, MS store gave me in store credit for the purchase price.

I put my ATT SIM card in and the Verizon variant works fine with the SIM.

Still gauging the reception, so far better than the 950xl. Still want to go back to Verizon because of reception issues.

Restored from my 950xl backup perfectly, including texts. Very happy.

Funny, MS Store did not know what they had, and did not know it was in stock. No phones on display other than the MS Samsung. They verified their entire last shipment was the Verizon version, no dual sim GSM only. Very nice staff at the Portland store.

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
So, the only issue I'm having with my x3 right now is that MMS does not seem to work at all. I cannot send pictures, and my friend's group messages just show up as "Download" buttons that never succeed. Anyone else have their x3 activated on Verizon notice this?

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. Side note question. Is there a text messaging app in the Windows Store that has Gif support or a link to a Gif datatbase baked into it. As far as I'm aware it's not on the regular messenger app. Just curious. Any and all help with this would be truly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
So, the only issue I'm having with my x3 right now is that MMS does not seem to work at all. I cannot send pictures, and my friend's group messages just show up as "Download" buttons that never succeed. Anyone else have their x3 activated on Verizon notice this?

you might have to enter the settings for MMS manually... just call or look online for the MMS settings and it should start working. OR you might have to call your cell provider and register the IMEI number of your phone and then it will/should work...

shotgunn66

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site

This happens to me just about every single time I switch phones on Verizon. The easiest way to fix this is to have two sim cards then when you want to switch to another phone register it with the second sim card. I have never had MMS work when trying to switch phones using the same SIM card and Verizon chat help was not able to make it work that way either.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I agree with ocdtrekkie with the mms issue. But it could also be due to that you are coming from an older windows phone. Or sometimes a different phone entirely can mess it up. The RCS (Rich Communication Services) feature set may have been stuck on an old version for the phone especially if it was one upgraded from WP8. Which can confuse VZW servers on their end when you swap sims. You could try activating the phone online from your account to see if that helps too. If you have an iPhone, you need to turn iMessage off before switching the sim or you will really jack things up...especially if you are not moving to another iPhone.

I had this happen the other day actually where I would get the download button but no mms message would appear. I finally after toggling Messaging mms settings and re-registering ims under apn settings got it to work again. This was on my ICON.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me just about every single time I switch phones on Verizon.

I switch phones on Verizon a lot, and I've never had this problem. I've probably used 6 or 8 different phones over the last 4 years or so, all factory unlocked Androids and iPhones. I don't edit any settings, contact Verizon, go online and switch devices, or anything. I simply insert my current Verizon SIM card and go.

The only trouble I've ever had with MMS not working out-of-the-box is with MVNOs on AT&T.

My guess is that this issue is related to W10M and provisioning. Verizon probably doesn't know how to handle it. :amaze: This is the first native W10M device on Verizon.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I switch phones on Verizon a lot, and I've never had this problem. I've probably used 6 or 8 different phones over the last 4 years or so, all factory unlocked Androids and iPhones. I don't edit any settings, contact Verizon, go online and switch devices, or anything. I simply insert my current Verizon SIM card and go.

The only trouble I've ever had with MMS not working out-of-the-box is with MVNOs on AT&T.

My guess is that this issue is related to W10M and provisioning. Verizon probably doesn't know how to handle it. :amaze:

Ever switched it with another Windows phone? Or from an iPhone to Windows phone?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ever switched it with another Windows phone? Or from an iPhone to Windows phone?
No, I've never used a Windows phone on Verizon. Only iPhone and Android. But I've never had issues going back and forth between those two.

Verizon never had a W10M device before, only upgrades from WP8.1. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the issue.

Daniel Rubino posted on Reddit some months ago that Microsoft, through overzealous layoffs, didn't have proper CDMA engineers, which is why until now we haven't seen W10M devices on Verizon (or Sprint or US Cellular).

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
No, I've never used a Windows phone on Verizon. Only iPhone and Android. But I've never had issues going back and forth between those two.

Verizon never had a W10M device before, only upgrades from WP8.1. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the issue.

Daniel Rubino posted on Reddit some months ago that Microsoft, through overzealous layoffs, didn't have proper CDMA engineers, which is why until now we haven't seen W10M devices on Verizon (or Sprint or US Cellular).

It is possible it is related to the OS side on W10M and/or provisioning from either side (VZ or the phone). @ocdtrekkie did you get it worked out?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It is possible it is related to the OS side on W10M and/or provisioning from either side (VZ or the phone).

That's my guess, but of course I have no idea. I'm basing that assumption off of two things:

1. No issues when SIM swapping between factory unlocked iPhones and Androids
  2. Microsoft's evident lack of CDMA engineering capabilities
But who knows? I'm curious whether this can be fixed with manually editing the APN, or if Verizon can provision it.

shotgunn66

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
That's my guess, but of course I have no idea. I'm basing that assumption off of two things:

1. No issues when SIM swapping between factory unlocked iPhones and Androids
  2. Microsoft's evident lack of CDMA engineering capabilities
But who knows? I'm curious whether this can be fixed with manually editing the APN, or if Verizon can provision it.

I have never seen anybody have issues switching using an Android phone... I have only had this issue with Windows Phone cause that's all I use anymore. I have had this issue going from the Icon to the 735 and from the 735 to the X3. It never has an issue as long as I change the SIM card everytime, which is why I always keep two, so I can swap phones. Verizon when looking at it could not figure it out either and recommended trying the other SIM card as well.. so there may be another answer but they didn't know either.

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm talking to Verizon support over Twitter right now. But I think I found the issue, vzwims or whatever is set as the "Internet APN", but there is no APN configured under "MMS APN". So clearly I need to add one.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm talking to Verizon support over Twitter right now. But I think I found the issue, vzwims or whatever is set as the "Internet APN", but there is no APN configured under "MMS APN". So clearly I need to add one.

If this is helpful, here is my entire APN:

APN_Verizon.jpg

Here is a link to imgur that will be easier to read: https://imgur.com/a/dqw7O

Attachments

• APN_Verizon.jpg
    APN_Verizon.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member