I just noticed My X3 just did an update and was wondering if anyone else had one? I'm very glad HP seems to be still making periodic updates on the X3... wonder what was done? I know its not MS as they do their updates on patch Tuesdays.
    09-16-2017 12:48 AM
    really????.... no one else had an update?... only me?.... amazing!!.....
    09-16-2017 12:33 PM
    I got the update too. I'm guessing most people are on the Preview builds which could explain the lack of replies. I'm not seeing any visual changes but they've apparently fixed the Hall Effect sensor because the folio case is working 100% whenever I open it. No more frozen x3.
    09-16-2017 12:58 PM
    I just noticed My X3 just did an update and was wondering if anyone else had one? I'm very glad HP seems to be still making periodic updates on the X3... wonder what was done? I know its not MS as they do their updates on patch Tuesdays.
    Was it a firmware update? Or a Win10 software update? I think there was an article that said a Fast Ring Mobile build was issued on Friday.

If it is a firmware update though, could it be HP activated the CDMA radios?
    09-16-2017 02:15 PM
    Was it a firmware update? Or a Win10 software update? I think there was an article that said a Fast Ring Mobile build was issued on Friday.

If it is a firmware update though, could it be HP activated the CDMA radios?
    It was a small update on production build 15063. It went from .540 to .608

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    09-16-2017 02:21 PM
    yea cuzz I'm on production build and learned to stay away from slow/fast rings when I had my 950XL... too much trouble and Win 10 didn't work very good... at all lol why/how people install that is beyond me...
    09-16-2017 02:36 PM
    I got the update too. I'm guessing most people are on the Preview builds which could explain the lack of replies. I'm not seeing any visual changes but they've apparently fixed the Hall Effect sensor because the folio case is working 100% whenever I open it. No more frozen x3.
    please explain?
    09-16-2017 02:41 PM
    please explain?
    Explain what?

09-16-2017 03:05 PM
    I got an HP Elite X3 from the Microsoft Store yesterday. It updated overnight, and after restarting it this morning, it went into the infinite reboot "BCD error" blue screen loop.

This is apparently a known issue that is not new. It's on the HP forums as "x3 continues blue screen reboot; unable to access."

The reported solution does not work as described in the post above. How is it possible that this issue still exists for newly bought Elite X3 phones?

Is my only option is to go back to the Microsoft Store, ask for a new phone and try to prevent the update from happening in the first place?
    09-16-2017 03:34 PM
    Explain what?

what symptoms ailed your X3, and what is the "hall affect"
    09-16-2017 04:25 PM
    what symptoms ailed your X3, and what is the "hall affect"
    A Hall Effect sensor is essentially a switch gear primarily to be used with "smart folios" so that the phone unlocks as soon as you open the case. Other uses are for "smart windows" like on BlackBerrys and the Dot View feature on the HTC One M8.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_effect_sensor

As for issues, screen rotation on Continuum and freezing after disconnecting from the HP Dock were my biggest nuisances but those were mainly on Insider builds. My only problem on Production was the aforementioned Hall Effect problem that seems to be rectified with the .608 update.

09-16-2017 05:19 PM
    I got an HP Elite X3 from the Microsoft Store yesterday. It updated overnight, and after restarting it this morning, it went into the infinite reboot "BCD error" blue screen loop.

This is apparently a known issue that is not new. It's on the HP forums as "x3 continues blue screen reboot; unable to access."

The reported solution does not work as described in the post above. How is it possible that this issue still exists for newly bought Elite X3 phones?

Is my only option is to go back to the Microsoft Store, ask for a new phone and try to prevent the update from happening in the first place?
    thats too bad your X3 isn't working as it should, perhaps you got a lemon in the batch, my X3 is working flawless and I haven't run into any issues at all, don't let this 1 lemon put you off to an amazing device, go to MS store and exchange it, once you get a perfectly working one, you will not regret it! it seriously is a great device! I love mine to death! I can't stop making wallpapers for it! LOL just go see for yourself
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    09-16-2017 05:35 PM
    thats too bad your X3 isn't working as it should, perhaps you got a lemon in the batch, my X3 is working flawless and I haven't run into any issues at all, don't let this 1 lemon put you off to an amazing device, go to MS store and exchange it, once you get a perfectly working one, you will not regret it! it seriously is a great device! I love mine to death! I can't stop making wallpapers for it! LOL just go see for yourself
    I agree. Both my wife and I have the x3 and work very well. I'm a little more demanding of my phones so niggling issues bother me more than her. I'm on Production and she's on the Slow Ring. Can you say "guinea pig"? Mr. Rogers can.

09-16-2017 05:45 PM
    I agree. Both my wife and I have the x3 and work very well. I'm a little more demanding of my phones so niggling issues bother me more than her. I'm on Production and she's on the Slow Ring. Can you say "guinea pig"? Mr. Rogers can.

so what does slow ring offer over production? since you have both X3 running them each...
    09-17-2017 05:14 PM
    so what does slow ring offer over production? since you have both X3 running them each...
    Nothing as far as I can tell. She hasn't complained about anything yet.

Sent from my ZTE Piece of S**t Android on the Windows Central Forums app
    09-17-2017 06:44 PM
    The preview builds are NOTHING to stay away from at this point, being that the OS is dead. They have been rock solid for months now. The only issue my wife and I are having is the random fits of constant freezing. And no. NOOOOO it is NOT the preview builds. We have had the issue on every build level. HP blames the OS. MS says firmware.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    09-23-2017 03:38 PM
    The preview builds are NOTHING to stay away from at this point, being that the OS is dead. They have been rock solid for months now. The only issue my wife and I are having is the random fits of constant freezing. And no. NOOOOO it is NOT the preview builds. We have had the issue on every build level. HP blames the OS. MS says firmware.
    I don't know if its the same for the X3 and I'm not willing to take the chance as mine is running amazingly but from experience when I had the 950XL and was running the preview builds I had nothing but trouble..
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    09-23-2017 05:59 PM
    I don't know if its the same for the X3 and I'm not willing to take the chance as mine is running amazingly but from experience when I had the 950XL and was running the preview builds I had nothing but trouble..
    I’ve been a staunch opponent of Insider builds for some time but I concur with @Allen Rhodes on this one. I put my x3 on 15252 a few days ago because I wanted a fully functioning Fitbit Blaze and this was the only path. It’s been rock solid so far and I believe the battery life is even better than it was before - if that’s even possible. My decision to look elsewhere has absolutely nothing to do with the phone or its capabilities, it comes down to apps that I need for work and Microsoft doesn’t offer them. Plain and painfully simple.
    09-23-2017 06:10 PM