Continuum or Laptop

ismeyall

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
So, I finally went out last night and I bought the X3 and HP Spectre 13'inch. But reading about continuum and seeing how I just use my work laptop more and use more phone more to do online surfing. I was wondering, if I should return the Spectre and get a Lap Dock, but I'm thinking about the future of windows phone. I think this might be the last phone(hint why I got it), so if I return the Spectre and the phone crash, I won't have anything. Any inputs? Do you guys experience lag still with continunm? Do you think it will be a good sub for a laptop?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The Spectre is going to be a better experience than Continuum. It's not that it's laggy, slower, or less capable - it's simply not as polished or enjoyable, especially when compared to what I think is one of the best laptops out there (assuming you're referring to the Spectre x360, I don't have experience with any others).
You won't be missing much with the lap dock, it works perfectly fine (I used it daily with no problems), but if you have the choice, the Spectre is just better.

The lap dock has no moving parts (no fan) and is a bit smaller, but not by much. There's no real advantages of the lap dock (especially since you can use any Windows PC as a wireless "lap dock") except price maybe, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth it.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
So, I finally went out last night and I bought the X3 and HP Spectre 13'inch. But reading about continuum and seeing how I just use my work laptop more and use more phone more to do online surfing. I was wondering, if I should return the Spectre and get a Lap Dock, but I'm thinking about the future of windows phone. I think this might be the last phone(hint why I got it), so if I return the Spectre and the phone crash, I won't have anything. Any inputs? Do you guys experience lag still with continunm? Do you think it will be a good sub for a laptop?

If I were you I wouldn't be thinking about returning the Spectre for a second, unless you can live with basic UWP apps and are ready to give up normal multitasking. I do use Continuum quite often and while it did perform better than my budget Asus tablet, I still couldn't get all the functionality I'd want from it. If you're getting a lap dock, then it's a bit better though because I didn't have a proper monitor for 2 weeks when I planned to use my Lumia 950 as my only computing device with Continuum - for some reason Netflix refused to work with it.

Anyways, Spectre is not even close to being a budget device and from what I have heard it is a really great 2-in-1 and I am planning to get one of the Spectres once my upgrade due comes in a year or two so I really see no reason why you should pick Continuum over the Spectre except if your needs are really minimal and you know how the Windows Store looks like at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills