Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
It's been an awesome ride with Win10M, imo. But announcing the platform is dead before a year has passed from the release of the last phone, the X3, is the last straw for my wife and I. We've stuck it out with many issues with our X3 phones. But it's obvious they will never get fixed. I walked into the MS Store here in ATX last week after the HP exec mentioned dropping the X3 with his quote in hand and asked the store manager what they made of it. She promptly told me I could get a store credit for both phones, full price paid and accessories, up to the end of the year warranty. So we have until Feb and June to get our money back. If MS announces a foldable pocket PC by the end of the year, we will stick around. Otherwise its hello Android and the Pixel 2. Makes me sad, but I'm not willing to sit around and be a tester anymore.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That was nice of the store to do that. I honestly hope for Microsoft's sake they have something up their sleeve...

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don't think they do, outside a pocket PC. The concept is nice and all but all indications are that they are completely moving away from "mobile" and whatever they release will be just running PC apps. We are still stuck with lesser than apps due to being years from apps being the way to go. It's a great concept, coming from the IT field, but it's not mainstream yet. I'm all apps, as much as I can, on my pc. But I just can't carry a device that is lesser than in so many ways any longer. I was honestly hoping for a true transition device but it's abundantly clear, now, that MS is moving away. Sad but time to jump on the android train, being that MS is actively promoting the move.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett