02-12-2018 03:29 AM
31 12
tools
    I do not see how any of y'alls posts lately came close to James question on this thread about "New HP x3? The x4?". Granted we know the news now about HP's stance on the matter, but cmon guys we need to keep things on track here. If it does not pertain to the above topic post those other concerns or opinions else where.
    fin11 and aximtreo like this.
    12-20-2017 10:35 PM
    The next year or two is gonna be interesting... maybe it WILL be the x4 - phone, tablet, laptop, desktop. More likely is an x360 though. HP does make some pretty nice geared hinges.
    12-20-2017 11:41 PM
    I'm still looking for a 6" or slightly larger 16x9 aspect ratio phablet and not running across any new rumors for android based X3 or X4. X4 rumors are dated almost a year now.
    12-21-2017 09:37 PM
    x3 is a terrific first gen device by hp. Too bad they won't be releasing more WM phones for the time being for WM fans. Potentially if Andromeda is released, they may play on the phone/tablet form factor for corporate use. WOA will solve alot of the enterprise stuff, which they tried to address by building a cloud emulator. MS need tk show the way with Surface, use their R&D and taking risks. If it becomes a hit, hp and other oems will jump on board.
    12-23-2017 07:38 AM
    Don't think they can release any more WM devices now. Probably won't hear anything for another year.

I'm really hoping MS gets HP to make the device (or at least a device launching alongside their own) - The Surface devices have been pretty disappointing lately. I really do think HP could make a better device than MS, especially if it's a x360 device, just look at the Spectre x360 or Elitebook 1020 x360. HP has had really solid hardware lately, and these geared hinges are much nicer than anything MS, Apple, or any other OEM has for convertibles.

And MS has been disappointing lately (at least in my opinion) with lack of real innovation (the original Surface tablets and Surface Book are the only two truly innovative ones), odd design choices (no USB-C, plus a ridiculous excuse for not having it), and the hardware doesn't seem to be as polished (overuse of adhesive, potential quality issues, and not quite as elegant IMO).

I think a "more practical" HP device launching alongside a "showcase" MS device would be ideal.
    12-24-2017 12:46 PM
    You do understand what x3 stands for, right? If yes, there can only be an x3 G2, but no x4. ;)
    02-12-2018 03:29 AM
31 12