New HP x3? The x4?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if HP plans on launching a new Elite x3? Perhaps an x4?

I know the x3 was one of the hottest/popular Windows Phones in quite some time, I'd love it if they followed up this success with another!!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Only a Verizon model is coming. Same hardware design though.

Edit: They had stuff in the cooker though from what sources say. Seems they won't be focusing on releasing any new Windows 10 Mobile Hardware (Revised or Newer) around the X3 like they had planned. Now whether those plans shift to Work with Microsoft and their plans for 'Core OS', that we will have to wait and see...

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Its good here, all these newbies coming on and wanting to buy into a dead platform ;-)

Sorry James, couldn't resist it.

Stephen Pedersen1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Jesus Christ. Windows 10 is over! Done, finished! A core function of mobile devices is music and windows doesn't have a credible music app anymore. The Spotify mobile app isn't functional so it's over. Move on.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I doubt we'll see a new mobile device from HP until Microsoft gets their direction together. If W10ARM and WCOS are finished next year, we might see something then, but until then I doubt they'll even try.
They need an OS, Windows is in stasis, and Android is far too competitive that they have nothing to offer.

Jesus Christ. Windows 10 is over! Done, finished! A core function of mobile devices is music and windows doesn't have a credible music app anymore. The Spotify mobile app isn't functional so it's over. Move on.
Groove still works. I have hundreds of ripped CDs on OneDrive, stream them all.

Stephen Pedersen1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I doubt we'll see a new mobile device from HP until Microsoft gets their direction together. If W10ARM and WCOS are finished next year, we might see something then, but until then I doubt they'll even try.
They need an OS, Windows is in stasis, and Android is far too competitive that they have nothing to offer.

Groove still works. I have hundreds of ripped CDs on OneDrive, stream them all.
When youre forced out of your groove subscription your Onedrive limit will go back down to 5 gigs, unless you use Office 365. It's over.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Game over! It will be windows android x4 instead. ?????? Pre-installed with Microsoft apps and launcher.

Android is far too competitive for HP to make a phone there. They have nothing unique to offer besides their enterprise support, and even that can often be matched by competitors.
Continuum is also not possible, as was said, HP is not a software/operating system company.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Android is far too competitive for HP to make a phone there. They have nothing unique to offer besides their enterprise support, and even that can often be matched by competitors.
Continuum is also not possible, as was said, HP is not a software/operating system company.

Android is a crowded market, sure, but Windows 10 Mobile is just not competitive anymore, full stop. I think HP can find a place for their phones if bundled with other hardware.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Very cool, let me know how you like it.

Like it a lot. I thought the secondary screen was gimmicky at first, but now using to quickly toggle between apps and screen incoming messages. Also, with Squarehome 2 launcher I hide the standard notification bar and use the secondary screen instead as the notification bar. Camera is excellent coming from an Idol 4S :). Battery gets me through about 5pm with heavy use, so not great, but not horrible.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
It's great to get every last bit of use out of a device you paid for. The issue here on this site is the reluctance to admit it's over. Y'all bash on anyone who calls out the truth like we are traitors. I did NOT want to move to Android but it's obvious the ride is over. The next iteration isn't a phone and it will have the same if not less apps by the time it's released. Is what it is man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99