02-12-2018 04:29 AM
31 12
tools
    Anyone know if HP plans on launching a new Elite x3? Perhaps an x4?

I know the x3 was one of the hottest/popular Windows Phones in quite some time, I'd love it if they followed up this success with another!!
    10-13-2017 03:27 PM
    Anyone know if HP plans on launching a new Elite x3? Perhaps an x4?

I know the x3 was one of the hottest/popular Windows Phones in quite some time, I'd love it if they followed up this success with another!!
    How do you define success?
    xandros9 likes this.
    10-13-2017 03:32 PM
    HP is done with W10M.
    10-13-2017 04:32 PM
    Only a Verizon model is coming. Same hardware design though.

Edit: They had stuff in the cooker though from what sources say. Seems they won't be focusing on releasing any new Windows 10 Mobile Hardware (Revised or Newer) around the X3 like they had planned. Now whether those plans shift to Work with Microsoft and their plans for 'Core OS', that we will have to wait and see...
    Last edited by Nate W; 10-14-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    10-14-2017 02:00 PM
    Its good here, all these newbies coming on and wanting to buy into a dead platform ;-)

Sorry James, couldn't resist it.
    techiez, X0LARIUM and PerfectReign like this.
    10-14-2017 04:29 PM
    Jesus Christ. Windows 10 is over! Done, finished! A core function of mobile devices is music and windows doesn't have a credible music app anymore. The Spotify mobile app isn't functional so it's over. Move on.
    10-14-2017 04:35 PM
    Not from my perspective. I use it everyday...
    X0LARIUM, fin11, aximtreo and 1 others like this.
    10-14-2017 05:57 PM
    I doubt we'll see a new mobile device from HP until Microsoft gets their direction together. If W10ARM and WCOS are finished next year, we might see something then, but until then I doubt they'll even try.
    They need an OS, Windows is in stasis, and Android is far too competitive that they have nothing to offer.

Jesus Christ. Windows 10 is over! Done, finished! A core function of mobile devices is music and windows doesn't have a credible music app anymore. The Spotify mobile app isn't functional so it's over. Move on.
    Groove still works. I have hundreds of ripped CDs on OneDrive, stream them all.
    fin11 and X0LARIUM like this.
    10-14-2017 06:46 PM

Come on, you know what he means.
    Wolfjt likes this.
    10-15-2017 04:13 AM
    I doubt we'll see a new mobile device from HP until Microsoft gets their direction together. If W10ARM and WCOS are finished next year, we might see something then, but until then I doubt they'll even try.
    They need an OS, Windows is in stasis, and Android is far too competitive that they have nothing to offer.

When youre forced out of your groove subscription your Onedrive limit will go back down to 5 gigs, unless you use Office 365. It's over.
    10-15-2017 12:38 PM
    Game over! It will be windows android x4 instead. 🤗 Pre-installed with Microsoft apps and launcher.
    10-15-2017 06:54 PM
    Game over! It will be windows android x4 instead. Pre-installed with Microsoft apps and launcher.
    Android is far too competitive for HP to make a phone there. They have nothing unique to offer besides their enterprise support, and even that can often be matched by competitors.
    Continuum is also not possible, as was said, HP is not a software/operating system company.
    nate0 likes this.
    10-15-2017 07:04 PM
    Android is far too competitive for HP to make a phone there. They have nothing unique to offer besides their enterprise support, and even that can often be matched by competitors.
    Continuum is also not possible, as was said, HP is not a software/operating system company.
    Android is a crowded market, sure, but Windows 10 Mobile is just not competitive anymore, full stop. I think HP can find a place for their phones if bundled with other hardware.
    10-16-2017 12:30 PM
    I'd be happy with an X3 running android purely for the 6" screen with 16x9 aspect ratio. A better camera would also be nice.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    10-16-2017 11:49 PM
    I'd be happy with an X3 running android purely for the 6" screen with 16x9 aspect ratio. A better camera would also be nice.
    Then get a V30 or Note 8.
    xandros9 and Guytronic like this.
    10-17-2017 02:33 PM
    Then get a V30 or Note 8.
    I went with V20 since its on closeout at T-Mobile. I prefer 16x9 aspect ratio and didn't want to spend more than $400 for an Android device.
    10-17-2017 07:22 PM
    I went with V20 since its on closeout at T-Mobile. I prefer 16x9 aspect ratio and didn't want to spend more than $400 for an Android device.
    Very cool, let me know how you like it.
    10-18-2017 12:09 PM
    Very cool, let me know how you like it.
    Like it a lot. I thought the secondary screen was gimmicky at first, but now using to quickly toggle between apps and screen incoming messages. Also, with Squarehome 2 launcher I hide the standard notification bar and use the secondary screen instead as the notification bar. Camera is excellent coming from an Idol 4S :). Battery gets me through about 5pm with heavy use, so not great, but not horrible.
    10-18-2017 07:53 PM
    Yup...I almost bought one early on but price point.
    10-21-2017 11:21 PM
    It's great to get every last bit of use out of a device you paid for. The issue here on this site is the reluctance to admit it's over. Y'all bash on anyone who calls out the truth like we are traitors. I did NOT want to move to Android but it's obvious the ride is over. The next iteration isn't a phone and it will have the same if not less apps by the time it's released. Is what it is man.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    12-18-2017 01:00 AM
    It's great to get every last bit of use out of a device you paid for. The issue here on this site is the reluctance to admit it's over. Y'all bash on anyone who calls out the truth like we are traitors. I did NOT want to move to Android but it's obvious the ride is over. The next iteration isn't a phone and it will have the same if not less apps by the time it's released. Is what it is man.
    Oh my, I couldn't agree more. The vitriol that is expressed to the people who just want to be honest is over the top. Some people act like you are calling thier first child ugly and useless.
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    12-18-2017 07:12 AM
    It is great. It is great to continue to use a device that we paid for and meets our needs. No actual need to replace our Windows mobile phones.

I understand that some people chose to buy the latest things, or follow the crowd, but that doesn't mean everyone must, nor does it mean you should abandon what you you like.

"Support what you like or be part of the problem."

Best Wishes
    mary beth hale and fin11 like this.
    12-18-2017 10:14 AM
    It is great. It is great to continue to use a device that we paid for and meets our needs. No actual need to replace our Windows mobile phones.

I understand that some people chose to buy the latest things, or follow the crowd, but that doesn't mean everyone must, nor does it mean you should abandon what you you like.

"Support what you like or be part of the problem."

Best Wishes
    Ok... that middle part is the attitude that gets me going. We aren't jumping ship to be cool and have the latest and greatest that the Jones' have. It's dead. That really needs to sink in for some of you. I HATE that it is, but it is. All the security patches for two years isn't going to fix that. I listen to AAWP podcast, still, and that has even turned into a spoken word on how to deal with a lesser than product. And it's really sad. It's constant excuses and round and round about security. I would love to buy the latest W10m device but it's garbage. It's old hardware running a defunct OS. This isn't opinion, it's fact. The sooner that smacks some of you the better. Keep the phones, by all means please do so. But I couldn't stand the issues I chronicled here with mine and the wife's X3's any longer. Been on board since 2012, I tried. In two years I may come back but I'm not going to cling to something that is dead currently. This isn't a badge of honor in the real world, just on message boards. It's been truly eye opening how fast and plentiful the Android world is. Again, not opinion but fact. The pixel 2 XL even smokes the X3 in many ways. Battery life is comparable thus far, which is the big one. Not going to jump platforms and buy an old phone to not look like I'm trying to be flashy.
    Scienceguy Labs, Elky64 and TgeekB like this.
    12-19-2017 01:15 AM
    Oh my, I couldn't agree more. The vitriol that is expressed to the people who just want to be honest is over the top. Some people act like you are calling thier first child ugly and useless.
    It's sad. It's like the people who watch only reruns because new shows are "bad". No, that's your opinion and facts show otherwise, i.e. Viewership. Quincy is not better than Narcos.
    Wolfjt likes this.
    12-19-2017 01:19 AM
    oh here we go again with the "it's over" mantra... no one is going over the top or denying anything, maybe it's over for "YOU" and you wanna bail and run off to AD-droid world then be my guest what we don't appreciate is AD-droid users coming in here spewing the same nonsense... the simple fact is WM10, still works for us folks perfectly fine and we don't need to be running to AD-droid... My X3 works amazingly well and when the day comes that it stops functioning completely, then I have my LG G6 to use as a back up... tried the AD-droid for a week and I had to put it away... Amazing how all the AD-droid users need to come in a thread about an awesome device and start with their shenanigans about WM is this and that... geez give it a rest already we're not interested! go in an AD-droid thread and gloat till your hearts content... trust me us WM users couldn't be bothered lol
    fin11, Timbre70, DOGC_Kyle and 1 others like this.
    12-20-2017 12:08 AM
31 12