New to the HP Elite - noob questions

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My Nokia 930 had an unfortunate screen incident and while still working - I can't see as the is bad lcd bleed....very sad!

I got an HP Elite x3 today, knowing W10m is dead....but still hopeful...

A few questions:

What kind of charging cable is it using? It is not the same as Nokia 930?

• USB C - it looks bigger than standard chargers ....
  • does it support qi charging?

More questions to come...

Thanks,

Mr. V

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
USB-C is the new standard connector, replacing the two most common forms of USB (micro, which was standard on phones, and eventually the traditional Type A which is standard on basically everything). It has the capabilities needed for the x3 desk dock (or connecting devices directly).

A USB-C to A cable is included with the x3, works with the included power brick (or any other one). The desk dock has USB-C to connect to the phone, this can only be powered over HP's smart laptop adapter. You can plug other devices such as USB storage, displays, Ethernet cables, keyboard/mouse, basically anything you'd connect to a computer, into the desk dock.

QI charging is supported, you can use any of the Nokia charging plates.

For fastest charging you should use QC Quick Charge 3 (included on the desk dock, as well as 3rd party chargers). The included USB-C power adapter charges at Quick Charge 2 speeds, slower but still good. Quick Charge 1 and standard USB are slower. Qi wireless charging is the slowest.
So if you have the option, the dock is much faster than Qi without being much less convenient.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It supports both QI and PMA wireless charging. That is why even the PMA charging plates work. HP went all out on this device. I am planning on getting one soon myself with VZ carrier support. Hope you enjoy.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
congrats on your new X3, you will not be disappointed! the phone is amazingly well built and the size is perfect! I've had mine for a little over a month and I still can't put it down... I have my dock connected to a 70" tv and use continuum all the time with a MS Bluetooth mouse and fold-able keyboard and is quite fun to use! it is simply the best phone I have ever used! untill that is the Surface phone comes out...if ever

P.S. go to my thread here and get some Wallpapers I made for the X3! https://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-wallpapers/464919-3.htm#post3711135

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Deadly!!!!
Thanks for the support and info!!!! While I know w10m is dead, I still love it. Not ready to go to Android. It is a very light phone. I am used to the density of Nokia products - you know, I could kill a rhino with my 930. Also the camera, step down from 21 MP (like I would ever notice with 16 MP, but you know...numbers). Screen is lovely! That 8MP front facing camera is awesome. So is the power of a 2016 device.

I will be looking to for advice and comments! My buyers regret is gone....

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I own the 929. I could just imagine feeling sorry for whatever was in the way while chucking this thing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3