Camera issues

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

One think missing on the HP Elite x3 is a camera button. Boy do I miss that handy feature.

Anyhoo, my phone is a week old and has been updated, but twice now, when I tried to use the camera, I get a black screen and an Error 0x2.... (bunch of numbers, can't screen grab it when the camera does not work)

Anyone else?

It happened on my Nokia 930 and I had to wipe the phone, and it worked.

Hopefully not the case here...

Thanks,

Mr. V

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a micro SD card with it? If so, are your images being stored there or are they going to internal storage? If you are using a micro SD card, try removing it, rebooting, and using the camera again.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
my X3 camera is working awesomely, seems there might be a hardware issue or it could be that your SD card is not working properly if you are saving to your SD card... take it out and retry taking pictures and see if it give you the same error

edit: did you restore from your back up from your 930 to your X3? maybe it carries over whatever fault you had with your 930, maybe restore your phone and set it up as a "NEW" phone

Pynchmail

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Try using alternative camera apps such as 1Shot or Camera360 from the Store. Both are very good. If these alternative apps work, then it is not a hardware issue.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the very same issue.( I have been with Windows Mobile since 2001) This was the last straw. I upgraded to Note 8 . Amazing device. I hope to come back one day ( Sigh)

spillsworth

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Anyhoo, my phone is a week old and has been updated, but twice now, when I tried to use the camera, I get a black screen and an Error 0x2.... (bunch of numbers, can't screen grab it when the camera does not work)

Anyone else?

Same, I have to reboot the phone to get the camera to work again. Unusable.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
then I suggest a hard reset if this is still not working correctly for you, my X3 camera is working amazingly... try doing a complete restore of your phone and set it up as a new device and don't restore from a back up. and I would even suggest using the WDRT to restore and update your X3.. camera isn't working after that then it is a hardware defect and exchange for a new device...

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but related to the camera, have you found an easy way to turn off the shutter and video sounds? Or are you just sticking with how it is?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3