05-03-2018 03:52 PM
155 1234 ...
tools
    On verizon ive always been able to use hotspot feature with my lumia icon or even 920 without subscribing so I think this is a separate issue.

What do you mean by IMS register? I can send and receive mms/txt. Settings > System > About shows ims registered to vzims.com
    12-11-2017 04:14 PM
    I grabbed this phone the day it was available from the MS store. I too am having issues with the texting, but only if someone texts a video to me. Video won't play. All I get is a snapshot. Doesn't matter if the sender was on android or ios...neither will play. Other than that, I love the phone.
    12-11-2017 07:10 PM
    Make sure all these issues get submitted to Elite Support - 1-866-625-1175. That's how they know more detail and later submit fixes for them.

Verizon can offer the bare minimum support. Since the phone is not sold by them they are not held accountable if it does not completely work like the phones they hold in their store. They can make sure their provisioning is setup and then the rest falls on HP.
    12-11-2017 07:44 PM
    Is there anyone running Insider builds with any different results?
    12-11-2017 08:35 PM
    What version of OS are you running? The insider builds ended in October-ish with 10.0.15254.12.
    12-11-2017 09:31 PM
    On verizon ive always been able to use hotspot feature with my lumia icon or even 920 without subscribing so I think this is a separate issue.
    Something isn't correct here. If you can use the hotspot on the Icon which is Verizon branded, this means that the hotspot feature is included in your plan.

Also, the 920 does not work on Verizon. It is GSM only.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-11-2017 09:58 PM
    Something isn't correct here. If you can use the hotspot on the Icon which is Verizon branded, this means that the hotspot feature is included in your plan.

Also, the 920 does not work on Verizon. It is GSM only.
    I meant 928? The lumia before icon. I'm in a large family plan, maybe it was included, but i've never paid and always had no issues using the hotspot feature.
    tgp likes this.
    12-11-2017 11:15 PM
    I meant 928? The lumia before icon. I'm in a large family plan, maybe it was included, but i've never paid and always had no issues using the hotspot feature.
    OK, that all makes sense then. The Lumia 928 was indeed a Verizon branded phone. And family plans usually have the hotspot feature included. Hotspot certainly won't work on a Verizon branded phone unless you have the hotspot feature on your plan.
    12-11-2017 11:34 PM
    I purchased the HP Elite X3 Verizon Bundle from Microsoft when it was released in November, I ran all updates, personalized it and was enjoying the device for the first three weeks. In the third week the device started to have issues. The first issue I had was the device would intermittently reboot. It would reboot more offend while docked in the desk dock. The second issue I had was the screen would intermittently stop responding to my swipes (up, down, left & right) while using Edge and Outlook. I contacted HP and they advised me that the GSM model had the reboot issue and HP addressed it. The person I talked to said he hasn't heard of the issues above on the Verizon model and he suggested I contact Microsoft and get a new replacement, which I did.
    Has anyone else experienced these issues?
    Thanks

Ray
    Thanks
    12-12-2017 11:12 AM
    What version of OS are you running? The insider builds ended in October-ish with 10.0.15254.12.
    12-12-2017 11:56 AM
    yes version 10.0.15254.12
    12-12-2017 12:45 PM
    That is the latest production build for all current up to date W10M, unless they release a patch today.
    12-12-2017 01:15 PM
    Now that Microsoft officially announced the end of Windows 10 Mobile development, I am not sure how much time they will spend on fixing bugs with the OS. An example is with the release of version 1709 the Edge favorites no longer sync across devices (PC & Mobile). I have reported this to the Feedback Hub and to the Windows community in October and there has been no release to address this bug to date. With the end of the mobile insider program, we will have to wait for the next official Windows 10 update release (PC & Mobile) to see if any of the issues are addressed.
    I have 55 more days to determine if I will keep this device or get a refund. Something I never saw myself doing, would be buying an Apply or Google OS device. I have been using windows mobile devices dating back to Pocket PC2000. I might just have to buy a regular wireless phone.
    nate0 likes this.
    12-12-2017 03:55 PM
    The latest patch is out for Dec. 2017. After you guys install it can you reply back if any changes better or worse result?
    12-12-2017 05:41 PM
    Downloaded and installed 10.0.15254.124 and Edge favorites still don't sync between the PC and the HP Elite X3. The concern I have is that Microsoft broke the Edge Favorites sync with the PC release of Falls creators update Version 1709 and they probable will not fix it.
    12-12-2017 08:51 PM
    Downloaded latest, none of my problems cured from it.. :(
    12-13-2017 06:26 AM
    I should probably add that in addition to the 1x during calls, my text messages are the wrong timezone, the time zone my number is from not where I live.
    12-13-2017 03:35 PM
    Text messages received that had multiple recipients, (group text), I now have to open the existing conversation with the individual user that sent the message to select download for media, then the message populates in the appropriate thread.
    12-14-2017 12:04 PM
    And sometimes, the top three threads in the messaging app are duplicates of a single person, until I quit the messaging app and reload, then the three threads identify as three different people as they were.
    12-14-2017 12:05 PM
    And it seems I need to reboot at least once a day, to restore inbound sms.
    12-14-2017 06:44 PM
    For anybody else having trouble with the 1x issue:

Log into verizon wireless online, go to plans and services, manage products and apps. Or direct: https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/myv/productsapps/

I noticed HD voice was on the other phones in my family plan except mine. Go to Get Products, Free Products, find HD Voice and click get for your line.

Maybe this will fix the 3 hour time difference on text message issue.

Does anybody have visual voicemail working? The app says "incompatible" with this device.
    12-16-2017 01:33 AM
    For anybody else having trouble with the 1x issue:

Log into verizon wireless online, go to plans and services, manage products and apps. Or direct: https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/myv/productsapps/

I noticed HD voice was on the other phones in my family plan except mine. Go to Get Products, Free Products, find HD Voice and click get for your line.

Maybe this will fix the 3 hour time difference on text message issue.

Does anybody have visual voicemail working? The app says "incompatible" with this device.
    HD voice was always there for me. And no VVM is a no go so far on the VZW model. Seems VZ explicitly wants an app to sync the VM even on Android. iPhones are the only type that do not need the app from VZW to get VVM messages synced.

Edit: The funny part about the HD voice is that it is enabled there on VZs side, but you won't get HD voice. I tried to phones on VZW with it enabled and even called AT&T phones, and got no HD vocie. In fact it seems volume levels on Speaker phone and at the earpiece are really low even with it cranked to 10. I am not sure if HP will build that feature in or not....
    12-16-2017 01:22 PM
    Any news on the recovery image online?
    12-18-2017 11:15 AM
    Nothing yet. HP is putting the ball in Microsoft's court. What I'm told is that they supposedly handed off all the vz elite x3 info to them and are waiting for them to make it available in the tool
    12-18-2017 07:02 PM
    My device HP Elite X3
    Windows 10 mobile OS Build 15254.124
    Version 1709
    Received video text looks like a snapshot. I contacted HP support and they had me add a MMS APN setting
    This changed the snapshot into a download prompt. When I press download it switched to downloading for about 2.5 minutes and then goes back to the download prompt. HP suggested I contact VZW Tier 2 support and if they couldn't assist me then I should contact Microsoft support.
    I contacted VZW and they confirmed the MMS APN settings were correct, but they weren't sure why I added the setting since they said media content text should work on the device right out of the box. They advised my phone was provisioned correctly and MMS should work. I remove the MMS APN setting.
    I contacted Microsoft support and they advised me they don't support third party hardware and i should contact HP. Microsoft support suggested I report it to their feedback hub.
    I contacted HP support and informed them Microsoft advises that this issue is theirs.
    HP is investigating.
    Some of the video text message arrives as a snapshot with a play button> if I press and hold it it prompts me to save, open delete or forward. If I choose open I am prompter to search for an app in the store.
    store.jpg
    12-19-2017 12:12 PM
155 1234 ...