03-13-2018 04:18 PM
103 ... 345
    and Cricket also limits number of participants in group text to 10 maybe.
    Them and AT&T both obviously. I hate that 10 limit thing. On T-Mobile and VZW a non-issue. Dumb restriction if you ask me.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-21-2018 06:48 PM
    Yes this text recipient limit I think is part of my problem. Tonight I received a group text to more than 10 people. I saw the first 10 recipients listed. When I received the first response that person was not part of the original 10 and the reply came in a new thread. I received another reply and it started another thread. So I now have three threads for the one message. I have not noticed the download button on pictures since I did a hard reset, I have also left the MMS apn blank.

It is also interesting in that the sim settings are different between phones. Maybe this is from the provisioning of the carrier. I do not have a choice to set network to global or other choices, and cannot set max speed to 3g, 4g etc.
    02-21-2018 09:15 PM
    My device HP Elite X3
    Windows 10 mobile OS Build 15254.124
    Version 1709
    Received video text looks like a snapshot. I contacted HP support and they had me add a MMS APN setting
    This changed the snapshot into a download prompt. When I press download it switched to downloading for about 2.5 minutes and then goes back to the download prompt. HP suggested I contact VZW Tier 2 support and if they couldn't assist me then I should contact Microsoft support.
    I contacted VZW and they confirmed the MMS APN settings were correct, but they weren't sure why I added the setting since they said media content text should work on the device right out of the box. They advised my phone was provisioned correctly and MMS should work. I remove the MMS APN setting.
    I contacted Microsoft support and they advised me they don't support third party hardware and i should contact HP. Microsoft support suggested I report it to their feedback hub.
    I contacted HP support and informed them Microsoft advises that this issue is theirs.
    HP is investigating.
    Some of the video text message arrives as a snapshot with a play button> if I press and hold it it prompts me to save, open delete or forward. If I choose open I am prompter to search for an app in the store.
    Attachment 138388
    I contacted HP as previously suggested. They made a case and said they are escalating this to Microsoft. I'm surprised this is not resolved since the above post is from Dec. Any other HP X3 users able to view video received via text message?
    03-13-2018 04:18 PM
103 ... 345