HP X3 Verizon issues

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
In case I missed it, you've done a hard reset from the phone already, correct? (Reboot, at the HP logo hold down the Volume Down button until you see the lighting bolt...then hit volume up, volume down, power button, volume down...)

Can you post you're OS version? There are no new insider builds as of November...

I had updated to the Insider build, and am awaiting the appropriate image for recovery. It seems the only image online for recovery is the GSM one.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I had updated to the Insider build, and am awaiting the appropriate image for recovery. It seems the only image online for recovery is the GSM one.
That's correct the VZW image is missing still. Did you do a reset from the phone yet?( Settings > System > About > Reset your phone )...did this have no change?

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
That's correct the VZW image is missing still. Did you do a reset from the phone yet?( Settings > System > About > Reset your phone )...did this have no change?

yes, many hard resets in all my tinkering, none to any avail.. I'm not hopefully that the stock image is gonna be any better, but it's the only untried thing at this point that I can think of...

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
My hp elite x3 also drops to 1x during phone calls, is there a fix for this?

same here.. still nothing I have found to fix it.

Another indicator that Verizon is not able to enforce policy on my device, is that my hotspot feature works without subscribing..

shutout5591

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
On verizon ive always been able to use hotspot feature with my lumia icon or even 920 without subscribing so I think this is a separate issue.

What do you mean by IMS register? I can send and receive mms/txt. Settings > System > About shows ims registered to vzims.com

SeaSeaRider

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
I grabbed this phone the day it was available from the MS store. I too am having issues with the texting, but only if someone texts a video to me. Video won't play. All I get is a snapshot. Doesn't matter if the sender was on android or ios...neither will play. Other than that, I love the phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Make sure all these issues get submitted to Elite Support - 1-866-625-1175. That's how they know more detail and later submit fixes for them.

Verizon can offer the bare minimum support. Since the phone is not sold by them they are not held accountable if it does not completely work like the phones they hold in their store. They can make sure their provisioning is setup and then the rest falls on HP.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
On verizon ive always been able to use hotspot feature with my lumia icon or even 920 without subscribing so I think this is a separate issue.

Something isn't correct here. If you can use the hotspot on the Icon which is Verizon branded, this means that the hotspot feature is included in your plan.

Also, the 920 does not work on Verizon. It is GSM only.

shutout5591

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Something isn't correct here. If you can use the hotspot on the Icon which is Verizon branded, this means that the hotspot feature is included in your plan.

Also, the 920 does not work on Verizon. It is GSM only.

I meant 928? The lumia before icon. I'm in a large family plan, maybe it was included, but i've never paid and always had no issues using the hotspot feature.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I meant 928? The lumia before icon. I'm in a large family plan, maybe it was included, but i've never paid and always had no issues using the hotspot feature.

OK, that all makes sense then. The Lumia 928 was indeed a Verizon branded phone. And family plans usually have the hotspot feature included. Hotspot certainly won't work on a Verizon branded phone unless you have the hotspot feature on your plan.

Ray Sim1

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
I purchased the HP Elite X3 Verizon Bundle from Microsoft when it was released in November, I ran all updates, personalized it and was enjoying the device for the first three weeks. In the third week the device started to have issues. The first issue I had was the device would intermittently reboot. It would reboot more offend while docked in the desk dock. The second issue I had was the screen would intermittently stop responding to my swipes (up, down, left & right) while using Edge and Outlook. I contacted HP and they advised me that the GSM model had the reboot issue and HP addressed it. The person I talked to said he hasn't heard of the issues above on the Verizon model and he suggested I contact Microsoft and get a new replacement, which I did.
Has anyone else experienced these issues?
Thanks

Ray
Thanks

Ray Sim1

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Now that Microsoft officially announced the end of Windows 10 Mobile development, I am not sure how much time they will spend on fixing bugs with the OS. An example is with the release of version 1709 the Edge favorites no longer sync across devices (PC & Mobile). I have reported this to the Feedback Hub and to the Windows community in October and there has been no release to address this bug to date. With the end of the mobile insider program, we will have to wait for the next official Windows 10 update release (PC & Mobile) to see if any of the issues are addressed.
I have 55 more days to determine if I will keep this device or get a refund. Something I never saw myself doing, would be buying an Apply or Google OS device. I have been using windows mobile devices dating back to Pocket PC2000. I might just have to buy a regular wireless phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The latest patch is out for Dec. 2017. After you guys install it can you reply back if any changes better or worse result?

Ray Sim1

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Downloaded and installed 10.0.15254.124 and Edge favorites still don't sync between the PC and the HP Elite X3. The concern I have is that Microsoft broke the Edge Favorites sync with the PC release of Falls creators update Version 1709 and they probable will not fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss