HP X3 Verizon issues

Ray Sim1

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
The battery life is excellent compared to the Icon when it had a new battery. The X3 camera is not as good at all. The cameras image size in settings is locked down therefore you can't adjust it. Not sure why HP did this. Also the Microsoft camera app doesn't support living images as it does on the Icon. Before this phone came out I bought a new replacement battery for my Icon on Amazon but I never installed it since I bought this phone. I have another 30 days to evaluate this phone. If it keeps acting buggy I will probably go back to my Icon after I replace its battery.

drn007

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
My device HP Elite X3
Windows 10 mobile OS Build 15254.124
Version 1709
Received video text looks like a snapshot. I contacted HP support and they had me add a MMS APN setting
This changed the snapshot into a download prompt. When I press download it switched to downloading for about 2.5 minutes and then goes back to the download prompt. HP suggested I contact VZW Tier 2 support and if they couldn't assist me then I should contact Microsoft support.
I contacted VZW and they confirmed the MMS APN settings were correct, but they weren't sure why I added the setting since they said media content text should work on the device right out of the box. They advised my phone was provisioned correctly and MMS should work. I remove the MMS APN setting.
I contacted Microsoft support and they advised me they don't support third party hardware and i should contact HP. Microsoft support suggested I report it to their feedback hub.
I contacted HP support and informed them Microsoft advises that this issue is theirs.
HP is investigating.
Some of the video text message arrives as a snapshot with a play button> if I press and hold it it prompts me to save, open delete or forward. If I choose open I am prompter to search for an app in the store.
View attachment 138388

I have this issue as well. Anyone else??? Please follow-up here on what you find out. Thanks.

Ray Sim1

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
If you haven't done so, I recommend you report the issue to the HP Elite X3 support team at (888) 654-9298. When I first reported it HP wasn't aware of the issue. The more people who report it, the better chance HP through Microsoft will release a patch to fix this issue.
I found it interesting that the their user guide on page 27 mentions text messages, but doesn't mention Multimedia Messaging;
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05330914

Also on the bottom of page 27 it mentions the Get Started App;
NOTE: For additional calling and texting information, see the Get Started app; this app requires an Internet connection. Swipe left from the right edge of the Start screen to display all apps, and then tap Get Started. Tap , tap Browse topics, and then tap Calling and messaging.
There is no Get Started App on my phone.
Thanks

Ray Sim1

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the Verizon HP Elite X screen gets stuck in portrait mode and won't go into landscape mode when rotated? A soft reset appears to fixed this issue, but in time this rotation issue does return and I have to soft reset the device again.

NBennett1

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Do you really have your Elite X3 working with Verizon. I have tried two - HP sells them saying they work with Verizon, but I could not get either activated with Verizon - they say based on the IMEI they don't support it.

Ray Sim1

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
HP offers two versions GSM & Verizon. I purchased the Verizon HP Elite x3 on November 4, 2017 from the Microsoft Store and Verizon activated it.

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I bought the HP Verizon one at Microsoft store on Black Friday and swapped my sim card.. after the 1x and text message issues, Verizon upgraded the sim card. Still awaiting recovery image.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Awesome news! Has anyone tried it yet? Does it resolve Verizon 1X / SMS issues?

Have not had a chance to see the FW version. It is probably the stock fw. Plus I traded my VZW Elite in for a GSM one, since I yet again moved off VZ. But I am happily saving like 60 bucks.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Go reactivate your HP Elite X3 from your MyVerizon account. See if that does anything. Would not hurt to try.

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Go reactivate your HP Elite X3 from your MyVerizon account. See if that does anything. Would not hurt to try.

My phone is on a govt/business acct, but luckily I am the manager of the account. My web portal lets me activate, but when I add the same number back it, it kicks it back due to duplicate.

Opened another ticket with HP, which they escalated, and then I got a 45 minute phone call to get my address for a replacement phone. They charged a $1 for collateral. I suspect it to be a refurb, but will likely have the same problem, as does everyone else.

Today I had to reboot 3 times before noon for SMS reasons. The first day I've had to reboot more than once.

I suppose I could try reactivating my ICON then go back..

UGH

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ya you could try that. Are they sending you a replacement any way? Better to know it is the phone then the network provisioning...

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, what is DO? Is this EVDO?
wp_ss_20180118_0001.png

This is from the same chair...
wp_ss_20180118_0002.png

I still believe there is a true provisioning issue.. Too many signs of behavior like roaming..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo