HP Elite x3 different models and logo?

kiyiohide

Dec 16, 2017
Visit site
HP Elite x3 different models and logo..different images of the devise looks different the logo and also seems that doesnt have fingerprint scanner is there an issues?
Dear all. Please can subscribe issues of the HP Elite x3 different models. Because im intresting in this device but im a little confused beacase i see pictures of the device with different logos behind of the device and alsso some of them is like that dont have fingerprint scanner?... Please can you advice?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you have images of this HP Elite X3? I just got one but I was not aware there were different versions like you said.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
HP Elite x3 different models and logo..different images of the devise looks different the logo and also seems that doesnt have fingerprint scanner is there an issues?
Dear all. Please can subscribe issues of the HP Elite x3 different models. Because im intresting in this device but im a little confused beacase i see pictures of the device with different logos behind of the device and alsso some of them is like that dont have fingerprint scanner?... Please can you advice?
I'm 99.9999% sure that there is only one physical rendition of the Elite X3 that is officially for sale. Sounds like you are a looking at some poorly made imaging, a knockoff device, or a prototype device.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just looks like prototype photos and leaked images. I don't think the Elite X3 without the fingerprint sensor was ever commercially available.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The early prototypes had the round logo. The fingerprint reader was also absent then as W10M didn't originally support it, so it wasn't until fairly late in development that it was confirmed for final hardware. The Progress Mark logo was also up for debate originally, the x3 was one of the first devices to ship with this logo. It was chosen to look more premium. This was decided quite a while before launch though, so anything with the round HP logo was a relatively early prototype.

In fact the only change before launch was the colour - originally the logo was grey like you see on that prototype device, but it was changed to silver in the final months.
So you might see some devices with grey Progress Mark logos, these were the final prototypes.

So here's the devices you might see:
  • Earliest shown protoypes: grey round HP logo, no fingerprint
  • Next prototype: grey round HP logo, with fingerprint
  • Next prototype: grey Progress Mark logo, with fingerprint
  • Final shipping model: silver Progress mark logo, with fingerprint

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The early prototypes had the round logo. The fingerprint reader was also absent then as W10M didn't originally support it, so it wasn't until fairly late in development that it was confirmed for final hardware. The Progress Mark logo was also up for debate originally, the x3 was one of the first devices to ship with this logo. It was chosen to look more premium. This was decided quite a while before launch though, so anything with the round HP logo was a relatively early prototype.

In fact the only change before launch was the colour - originally the logo was grey like you see on that prototype device, but it was changed to silver in the final months.
So you might see some devices with grey Progress Mark logos, these were the final prototypes.

So here's the devices you might see:
  • Earliest shown protoypes: grey round HP logo, no fingerprint
  • Next prototype: grey round HP logo, with fingerprint
  • Next prototype: grey Progress Mark logo, with fingerprint
  • Final shipping model: silver Progress mark logo, with fingerprint
Great info. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member