I'm back.. I'm back..

Richard 2

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, So I've been a long time windows phone user. But for the past year and a half I've been using an Android phone. I picked up an X3 for a great price. How are things as far as app support and updates?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
updates are fine, app support not so much... I suspect it'll get worse before it gets better... or just worse LOL as for the phone itself, you will love the speed and the large beautiful screen and vibrant colors.. best phone I have ever had, and the camera has improved a lot, I think it works marvelously... enjoy your new X3!

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
The app support is getting worse. Starbucks app is gone, and you can't use the web site (it has no payment options). I've installed Spotify 3 times on my 950 XL, and it still doesn't work. I don't think the Spotify team has done a single update for our phones since I don't know when....
I'm playing around with an S8+; everything works....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
In my humblest of opinions, I believe MyTube is the best YouTube experience for Windows plus it's even better on Continuum.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
In my humblest of opinions, I believe MyTube is the best YouTube experience for Windows plus it's even better on Continuum.

call me crazy but I find youtube works great in Edge... no need to d/l an app to view youtube stuff... don't get why y'all raving about it...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Instagram will work decently on the x3 considering the amount of ram it has. As for YouTube. I think I've used it once or twice via edge and I certainly understand what you mean. However the 3rd party apps mostly have nifty features like downloading a vid for offline viewing later. Switching between vids is also easier. When I don't need to necessarily see the content I head back to my main list. In that scenario I like that the vid doesn't stop, but minimizes to the bottom and keeps playing. Haven't used my lumia as a source for YouTube for some time though so I'm not sure how things are now. Oh, one last thing that just popped up. I think with mytube you have a native cast option built-in. So all in all, the apps have small details that make them worth it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
call me crazy but I find youtube works great in Edge... no need to d/l an app to view youtube stuff... don't get why y'all raving about it...
It's not raving, Edge is a very capable browser but the lack of an ad blocker can sour the experience. I usually purchase apps so I don't have to deal with pop ups.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
It's not raving, Edge is a very capable browser but the lack of an ad blocker can sour the experience. I usually purchase apps so I don't have to deal with pop ups.

you must be referring to the mobile version? cuzz I have adblocker installed on all my edge browsers...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Metrotube is what I use. I do recommend MyTube as well.
I have to setup Instagram and Spotify tonight.
I was going to setup my Starbucks app but now I am not so sure.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
By the way OP, I gave up my Lumia 950 on Jan 30, 2017.
I just got a Idol 4s last week when Microsoft had a fire sale on it.
I still think WM/WP is the most fluid mobile experience. Too bad the developers don't seem to think so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb