Video received by text not playing

drn007

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, this forum seems to be fizzling out but, I'll try anyway...

I've read where others here have not been able to play videos received by text. I'm getting the still image (snapshot) with a play prompt above it. Video just doesn't play. I have contacted HP but, has not been resolved. The latest was doing a re-install of the operating system with the recovery tool.

1. Anyone able to play videos from a text using the default message app?
2. Anyone gave this issue and get it resolved? How?

Never had this issue with my Nokia Icon...

Thanks

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, this forum seems to be fizzling out but, I'll try anyway...

I've read where others here have not been able to play videos received by text. I'm getting the still image (snapshot) with a play prompt above it. Video just doesn't play. I have contacted HP but, has not been resolved. The latest was doing a re-install of the operating system with the recovery tool.

1. Anyone able to play videos from a text using the default message app?
2. Anyone gave this issue and get it resolved? How?

Never had this issue with my Nokia Icon...

Thanks

I recall that this is a know issue with the VZ Elite X3. I am not certain I had issues though with videos being sent to me not playing... I did though have an issue not being able to get or send MMS with pics or videos. Once I added APN settings manually it worked. I would make sure VoLTE/IMS is provisioned and registered on both ends, your phone and with VZ. You will need a L2 tech to verify from Verizon's end. IMS not working correctly can cause issues with messaging too not just voice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon