HP Elite X3 CDMA - Requesting HP app from GSM X3

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello I am in desperate need of an app for my HP Elite X3 CDMA that is only available to the GSM version of the X3.

Unless someone can share another way to apply the latest firmwares to the Desk Dock and Lap Dock.

- Request -

In need of an app called "HP Lap Dock Wireless Settings"

The Windows Store lists the app as "This app is not compatible with this device."

I have the Verizon model of the Elite X3 and keep getting notification to update the Lap Dock and the Desk Dock firmware, they are both brand new and not running the latest firmware's. However as mentioned and found in research HP and Microsoft are treating the Verizon model differently.

Store Link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hp-lap-dock-wireless-settings/9nblggh44029

If someone could provide the above app as an offline installer/sideload that would help out tons and I would ensure the ability to spread this to anyone else in this situation.

I reset the phone with the desktop utility and did not restore any backups, I also went into a Microsoft Store and started a technician ticket with them.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Did you try getting to it from the HP Device Hub? I wonder why it says your model is not compatible....if it has to do with the platform device configuration of that device you might be able to trick the store into thinking you are the GSM model by editing keys under HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo

My keys on the gsm model look like this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo]
"PhoneBootloaderVersion"="520291"
"PhoneFirmwareRevision"="0002.0000.0037.0001"
"PhoneFriendlyName"="Windows phone"
"PhoneHardwareRevision"="1.0.0.0"
"PhoneHardwareVariant"="FalconBaseUnit"
"PhoneManufacturer"="HP"
"PhoneManufacturerModelName"="Elite x3"
"PhoneMobileOperatorName"="000-88"
"PhoneModelName"="Elite x3"
"PhoneRadioHardwareRevision"="1.0.0.0"
"PhoneROMLanguage"="0409"
"PhoneROMVersion"="1.0.0.0"
"PhoneSOCVersion"="8996"
"PhoneSupportLink"="http://www.hp.com"

That APPXBUNDLE file is not a stock app oob so I think the only way you could get to it is to mimic the GSM model.

You can also check this key and make sure it says HP. Kinda odd you cannot download it...[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store\Configuration\OEMID]

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Did you try getting to it from the HP Device Hub? I wonder why it says your model is not compatible....if it has to do with the platform device configuration of that device you might be able to trick the store into thinking you are the GSM model by editing keys under HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo

My keys on the gsm model look like this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo]
"PhoneBootloaderVersion"="520291"
"PhoneFirmwareRevision"="0002.0000.0037.0001"
"PhoneFriendlyName"="Windows phone"
"PhoneHardwareRevision"="1.0.0.0"
"PhoneHardwareVariant"="FalconBaseUnit"
"PhoneManufacturer"="HP"
"PhoneMobileOperatorName"="000-88"
"PhoneRadioHardwareRevision"="1.0.0.0"
"PhoneROMLanguage"="0409"
"PhoneROMVersion"="1.0.0.0"
"PhoneSOCVersion"="8996"
"PhoneSupportLink"="http://www.hp.com"

That APPXBUNDLE file is not a stock app oob so I think the only way you could get to it is to mimic the GSM model.

You can also check this key and make sure it says HP. Kinda odd you cannot download it...[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store\Configuration\OEMID]

I agree the HP Hub should do the updates,(especially since it is what is notifying me of updates needed) but if you read the app description in the store link I posted plus the reviewers comments, it's actually that specific app that delivers firmware updates.

I will totally try this registry change at some point in the next day.
Thanks and updates to come.

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I agree the HP Hub should do the updates,(especially since it is what is notifying me of updates needed) but if you read the app description in the store link I posted plus the reviewers comments, it's actually that specific app that delivers firmware updates.

I will totally try this registry change at some point in the next day.
Thanks and updates to come.

Here are the reg keys that were different under DeviceTargetingInfo

"PhoneBootloaderVersion"="300051"
"PhoneFirmwareRevision"="0007.0000.0030.0024"
"PhoneFriendlyName"="HP Elite x3"
"PhoneHardwareRevision"="PV1-V"
"PhoneManufacturerModelName"="Elite x3 Verizon"
"PhoneModelName"="Elite x3 Verizon"

I'll update here once I figure out how to modify this area.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Here are the reg keys that were different under DeviceTargetingInfo

"PhoneBootloaderVersion"="300051"
"PhoneFirmwareRevision"="0007.0000.0030.0024"
"PhoneFriendlyName"="HP Elite x3"
"PhoneHardwareRevision"="PV1-V"

I'll update here once I figure out how to modify this area.

Just modify this one. Then try to download the app...

Change to:

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Just modify this one. Then try to download the app...

Change to:

I must be doing something wrong, when I try to edit the registry with Interop Tools and tap Write Data I get a prompted
"Debug

Write failed"

sorry to be mr problems how can I go about editing the registry.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong, when I try to edit the registry with Interop Tools and tap Write Data I get a prompted
"Debug

Write failed"

sorry to be mr problems how can I go about editing the registry.

There is a dedicated thread on xda for that app. I am not certain if you can use just the provider packages or if you need to send the nokia tool kit packages to the device only. I know for sure it will work if you send the ndtk packages to the phone. That is what I always end up doing. On a non-nokia model it can use the ndtk service if you install it and the app will then be allowed registry access. You send the ndtk packages to the phone by using the iutool.exe utility. On the xda forums there is a dedicated thread also that includes the ndtk packages. Actually everything should be explained in the IneropTools app thread.

Edit: I still cannot believe folks have to resort to editing the registry to download an OEM app made for their device....

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 139160

I'm restoring again with Windows Device Recovery Tool and try again.

If that was when sending the ndtk packages to the HP Elite x3, make sure you had hit the Install Ndtk packages on any device button from the unlock features on interop tools. Then send the packages. You might find that after the restore the phone will be more reasonable with you trying to work with it...in which case you might get to the solution easier.

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a GSM version for the updates, I will get this from a different angle. :) I may update in a few weeks. Thanks again for the guidance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo