so my X3 just had a strange update a couple of minutes ago, 12 am eastern time and I was wondering if anyone else got it. what was strange and its never happened to my X3 EVER is the screen went black and the was unresponsive for several minuts, I actually thought my phone got bricked! with my heart sinking to my gut I put it down and decided to give it time to do what it needed to do... and low and behold I got the HP logo back and then went dark for more several minutes and got the HP logo back again and now it is going through the 5 upgrade parts... and now its loaded up to win 10... but man it actually gave me a scare! so I'm letting people know what to expect and don't panic if the screen goes black for several looong miinutes... very strange this last update
    07-11-2018 11:09 PM
    Having similar issue on 650 latest update. Hanged at Windows starting up screen. Need to pull out battery to reset before it resumes the usual steps of restoring...
    07-12-2018 02:45 AM
    This has been happening with every update on my L830 for months now. The battery pull used to work but not anymore. Now it requires multiple soft resets. Several times it has stayed dead for more than 24 hours before inexplicably firing up again. Oh, the joys of Windows Phone. I should say Enough is Enough and get rid of it but I can't. It's still my favorite OS ever.
    Useless as a daily driver, so many apps that can't be updated and generally unreliable but still my favorite. It's always comforting to come to the forums to find there are lots more gluttons for punishment!!
    Timbre70 and aximtreo like this.
    07-12-2018 07:50 AM
    no issue with the update on my x3.... I was pleasantly surprised to get one.
    Timbre70 likes this.
    07-14-2018 07:25 PM
    No issue with the update of my X3.
    On another topic, a warning, take extra extra care with your X3 to never drop it. The glass breaks easily even though it is supposed to be rated as a tough phone. I'm looking for a Verizon CDMA replacement and can't find any.
    07-15-2018 08:25 AM
    just picked up a new X3 and a bit afraid to download the new update. what y'all think? did it enhance any performance?
    07-16-2018 12:50 PM
    congrats on your new x3, your gonna luv it! just do the updates, it does improve things considerably...
    07-17-2018 12:08 AM
    congrats on your new x3, your gonna luv it! just do the updates, it does improve things considerably...
    Can get past the start screen now. Err!

Just saw the above comment about waiting for it as it sits on the blank screen. Gonna did that and see what happens.
    Last edited by Byrese; 07-17-2018 at 08:27 AM.
    07-17-2018 07:46 AM
    Update: It wouldn't mind past the blank screen so i had to do a Hard Reset. Luckily I just got it so it's by a hassle to set back up again. But now I don't know ow what to do. I'll have yo contact HP I guess. Good thing it's brand new and still under warranty.
    07-17-2018 08:29 AM
    let it do all the updates without interruptions… it should work just fine, doing a hard reset when its updating is a good way of bricking your device!
    Byrese likes this.
    07-17-2018 07:49 PM
    Got it straight now. Happy Camper here!
    aximtreo and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    07-18-2018 04:01 PM
    Got it straight now. Happy Camper here!
    congrats! its a great device and you will/should be very happy with it...
    Byrese likes this.
    07-19-2018 09:06 PM
    congrats! its a great device and you will/should be very happy with it...
    Ya it really is. It's funny. I owned the device a year ago then sold it (and obviously bought another one). At that time I thought it was too large, now I think it's much more manageable. I just wish I had the courage to rock it naked. Got a hp case on it.
    aximtreo likes this.
    07-19-2018 09:32 PM