Omfg no! My x3 just died on me

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
so yesterday out of the blue, my X3 started acting wierd, when ever I wanted to goto the settings it would close on me (the app not the phone) so I decide I will do a soft reboot and restarted the X3 and BAMN it got stuck at the HP logo and the phone was getting really hot! so now my X3 is dead! :crying::crying::crying: *SOB* I have tried everything to bring it back to life... reflashing it with the MS tool and all sort of button presses... *SOB* I'm sooo upset and to top it all off and add salt to the wound my warranty just expired 2 weeks ago!! hows that for a F-U? :devil: :crying::crying::crying:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your loss. Just bought one on the spur of the moment (I think this is the 6th one I've owned) and have fallen in love again. I have the iPhone X and it's a good slab but the X3 has a special feel. I hope you get it figured out.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Dang man. Sad news. I wonder if the eMMC went bad maybe? Sounds like something corrupted. When you bought it did you buy the bundle? If so at least now all you need is the phone, which at times can be had for around 200 dollars...The X3 almost always is around the same price as the Lumia 950 XL or at times cheaper. Personally like the 950 XL more but like mentioned there is always a special place for the durable, stereo front firing, 6" X3 in my phone collection :)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
so yesterday out of the blue, my X3 started acting wierd, when ever I wanted to goto the settings it would close on me (the app not the phone) so I decide I will do a soft reboot and restarted the X3 and BAMN it got stuck at the HP logo and the phone was getting really hot! so now my X3 is dead! :crying::crying::crying: *SOB* I have tried everything to bring it back to life... reflashing it with the MS tool and all sort of button presses... *SOB* I'm sooo upset and to top it all off and add salt to the wound my warranty just expired 2 weeks ago!! hows that for a F-U? :devil: :crying::crying::crying:

That f***ing sucks. I know how stoked you were when you first got it and all the cool start screens you made for it. This is a part of tech that can occur on any brand, OS or platform. Tango on.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
thanks guys, I'm really missing it, right now I'm using my backup phone L950 and I'm having all sorts of trouble with it... it keeps shutting down! I'm positive its the battery thats finished, I ordered a new battery but it'll take a month to get to me... so the LG G5 *GULP* android (eewww) that I will have to use and look for a new X3 meanwhile... its so strange being so attached to an inanimate object isn't it? but honestly I really luved that phone... it was the most awesome phone that I've had, I liked it way better than the L950XL I had and I find the L950 too small! that X3 was THE perfect phone, perfect size, perfect power, perfect screen.... perfect everything! :cry:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Now it is a perfect paper weight....unfortunately. Hey but it is still perfect at everything ;)

Sell it for parts on ebay? Will get at least a few buck towards a new one...The screen alone on those things are not easy to find. I'd say sell it just for the screen at close to 50 bucks or maybe more should be easy. Heck I would probably buy it off you broke like that for 50 bucks :)

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
well, not that anyone cares, but I just got me another one for $250 CDN including shipping! gonna be receiving it this week! excited to be sporting an X3 again! can't wait...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
well, not that anyone cares, but I just got me another one for $250 CDN including shipping! gonna be receiving it this week! excited to be sporting an X3 again! can't wait...
Congrats, man. I'm glad you're back in the X3 game. I'm thinking about buying one as well.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I prefer my 950xl, I find the OS just seems to work better overall on it. Need ANOTHER screen for it :(

I do find I'm actually enjoying the size though, dual 3G radio, still gotta try the sim2 shaved down and stuck onto a microsd trick though.

I need dual sims

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I prefer my 950xl, I find the OS just seems to work better overall on it. Need ANOTHER screen for it :(

I do find I'm actually enjoying the size though, dual 3G radio, still gotta try the sim2 shaved down and stuck onto a microsd trick though.

I need dual sims

I had the 950xl and the x3 blows it outta the water... you'll be mesmerized by the screen when you first turn it on... after that you'll be hooked lol

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe, if my WhatsApp video calls worked. No video ok the other end. Voice is working though. I use that stuff.

Double tap to touch it's a joke, I can't tap it awake but putting my cup down on the table wakes it

Similar camera issues with my idol4s on WhatsApp.... Best experience for me seems to be only on Lumia.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe, if my WhatsApp video calls worked. No video ok the other end. Voice is working though. I use that stuff.

Double tap to touch it's a joke, I can't tap it awake but putting my cup down on the table wakes it

Similar camera issues with my idol4s on WhatsApp.... Best experience for me seems to be only on Lumia.

WhatsApp worked perfectly fine on my (old) X3... used it all the time when my GF went to the states... just make sure you give it permission to access the camera..

yes double tap IS/WAS horrible... but seriously all I used was the fingerprint scan to open...

as for everything else the X3 blows the 950XL out of the water...

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp worked perfectly fine on my (old) X3... used it all the time when my GF went to the states... just make sure you give it permission to access the camera..

My wife mentions all she sees is a black screen, one weird thing I noticed is when doing video calls, i hear the video recording chime go on. When switch camera to try and get it to work, I hear the chime again.

Rebooted phone, no success... Sorry hijacked your thread lol

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea, looks fine on my end, she just sees black... Well maybe it's her 950 lol

It's her 950. I had a 950 a couple of months ago that did this too. No amount of hard resets, WDRT or 3rd party apps could revive the FFC. BTW, I've noticed on some forums that it seems to affect AT&T models more and mine was a Ma Bell model as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6