Wi+Fi Hotspot

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a factory unlocked HP Elite x3 and my carrier is T Mobile. I tried over several days to get the Wi-Fi hotspot working in Windows 10 but have been unable to get it working. A T Mobile store manager told me that it will not work on a factory unlocked phone, Only of T Mobile branded phones.

Is this true? or does anyone have a way to get this to activate?

Thanks, Jim

gmoore114

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Not true. The phone hotspot works as expected on T Mobile with my factory unlocked Nokia android phone.
Didn't say where it fails, just that it is not working. Not very much to go on.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a factory unlocked HP Elite x3 and my carrier is T Mobile. I tried over several days to get the Wi-Fi hotspot working in Windows 10 but have been unable to get it working. A T Mobile store manager told me that it will not work on a factory unlocked phone, Only of T Mobile branded phones.

Is this true? or does anyone have a way to get this to activate?

Thanks, Jim

Most reps hardly know anything about any phone beyond the most popular phones - if you ask most them about any phone that is not Samsung Galaxy (insert latest version here) or an iphone they are usually stumped. They usually get these posts via connections i.e. someone who works at a store. As the saying goes it's not what you know but who you know.

What's most likely at fault is

a)Glitched Cumulative Update - Microsoft has been pushing out heck load of these since they sacked the QA team. It's even more so evident with WM10 devices as recent updates have glitched the ability to double to wake and the auto brightness functionality is absolutely bipolar especially in the direct sun light. It'll sometimes come on when you've gone into the shade to see the screen only to be blinded by the high contrast and brightness lol.

b) You may need to check your APN settings.

c) check if you have reached the limit for tethering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans