[Quick Impressions] Who Has Gotten an HP Spectre x360?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you just unboxed an HP Spectre x360? Is it so recent that you haven't stopped fiddling with it yet?

Give us some quick thoughts on how you like your new device. What stands out right away as some major features worth having? What seems to be lacking?

Are you happy you got it? Why? Why not?

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So I received the i5 256GB version from my work to replace my old bulky laptop. Things I like about it, the display is gorgeous, I've had several people already comment on how the screen looks. Unfortunately as with most touch if not all touch screens finger prints and smudges are to be expected. Mine isn't any color simply looks like two peaces of Aluminum with hinges to hold it together. The device itself is very thin, and coming from my big bulky laptop very lite.
If I had to identify things I wasn't crazy about the first would be the track pad. Don't get me wrong the responsiveness is fine, its just that the buttons are actually part of the pad at the bottom and feel a bit fragile to me. That plus the fact there are 3 buttons but no way to differentiate where each one starts / stops so I find I some time end up hitting the middle button instead of the left or right buttons by accident. The only other thing I'm not real comfortable with is the flipping around as more of a tablet. It just feels a bit awkward and the keyboard facing out where your hand would be to hold the device feels strange, at least to me. Overall however I'm loving this device.

ggrant3876

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Ordered one yesterday, was looking at a Macbook but just can't make myself have anything to do with Apple products. So decided on an HP Spectre X360 - 13T Touch Laptop, there was a 25% coupon from Slick Deals so got a decent price. Won't ship until the 16th so I hoping it works out for me.

HP Active Stylus Pen
Intel® Core™ i7-7500U (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores) + Intel® HD Graphics 620
13.3" diagonal FHD UWVA BrightView WLED-backlit touch screen (1920 x 1080)
Intel® 802.11ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo
512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
Windows 10 Home 64
Onboard 16 GB Memory
Full-size island-style backlit keyboard (dark ash silver)
HP Wide Vision FHD IR Camera with Dual array digital microphone (Dark Ash Silver)
Dark ash silver

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the first generation (2015) Spectre x360 13 until October 2016, i7 16gb RAM, 512gb SSD, used it with HP Active Pen and very pleased. Suffered water damage and, under the HP Care Pack I had bought, HP gave me a full credit for my purchase price (an option they gave me, as components for repair would take them over a month to receive). So I replaced it in October, 2016 with the Kaby Lake generation of the x360 13, and 256gb SSD (as there was a significant ship delay for the 512gb SSD). No pen digitizer option available (sigh). Was dearly missing the pen until the new 13 and 15 inch versions came out, with pen support and dark ash silver color scheme. So I handled the 15 inch version and decided the graphics performance improvement over the 13, and faster RAM and prompt availability of UHD display, made it the choice for me (even at 4.4 pounds vs. 2.9 for the 13 inch model). I can still read the news in tablet mode without struggling with the additional weight, sitting on the sofa like the Dad I am. BTW I'm selling the Kaby Lake 13 inch pen-less model soon on eBay for a competitive price, including Pelican hard case and premium leather HP soft case (not the stock sleeve that comes with the unit, which I also have along with original boxes).

I would recommend going to your local Best Buy and handling the 13 and 15 inch models to see how the size and weight difference works for you.

wynand32

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the Spectre x360 15 (2017) for a few weeks now, and it's an awesome machine. Great performance, beautiful display, excellent keyboard, etc. Really makes for a great 4K Netflix experience. Very highly recommended.

anon(5406107)

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I recently got the Kaby Lake Spectre x360 and so far, my experience has been pretty terrible. The device has battery drain while it is COMPLETELY OFF. At night it would be at 100% battery, powered off, not plugged in, and in the morning it would be between 85% to 90% battery. I exchanged the first unit I bought because it had this battery drain issue but the second one had the same issue as well. Based off my experience, I do not recommend this product to anyone.

Edit: in case anyone was curious, here are the specs: i7 CPU, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM, 13 inch FHD screen

JohnnyRedLight

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Well... I risked it an bought an 13in HP Refurb off of eBay. My most expensive eBay purchase ever.

It was one of the 2016 Skylake refresh with the QHD OLED and Iris 540 graphics. $950 USD.
i7-6560u 8GB Ram 256GB SSD. No idea what price it would of been new but I REALLY wanted the OLED and Iris 540. Now that I've had an OLED, I don't think I can ever go back to LCD. It looks THAT good. I also think the design of this thing (with the copper and ash) is in the top 5 of best looking laptops ever. :wink:

My only trouble I had with it is that with the power settings on Max Performance it get HOT. On balanced (HP reccomended) the fans barely even come on. Oh, and the Bluetooth mouse I have seems flakey but I dont know if it is the mouse or the laptop.

Convertible is also for me. I use it in tablet mode at least 1/3 of the time.

The Iris graphics work great for some older titles like Bioshock Infinite, Diablo 3, etc.

I love this thing. It's only been a couple months but no real problems yet.

Brad Semenick

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Just bought the 13" 256gb i5 model today after weeks of browsing different 2 in 1 options (surface pro and iPad pro were the other ones I looked at). I knew I would need a computer with a touch screen for this year of University, but a few days ago I was given the full specs I was expected to match, which included windows 10 so the iPad was out. I was almost convinced on the surface until two nights ago I decided to go on best buys website just to see if there were any other option and this was on sale, and it looked awesome. For $1350 CAD I could get the full laptop and stylus, when the surface pro by itself would cost over $1600.
After spending the first few hours with it I'm not disappointed. Great quality computer, pen works great, battery life seems solid, the only thing I'll have to get used to is the Trackpad (coming from a MacBook)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium