Is the HP Spectre x360 one of the best values out there?

Pirate Arr

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Just got it on Tuesday and so far I'm loving it! Beautiful screen, with a great keyboard and as fast as the Flash with the 16 DDR4 RAM and latest 8th gen Intel i7. Battery life also seems good, but since I just got it, I'll comment how that goes down the road. Definitely is an entire package for the price, especially looking at some of its competitors like the Dell XPS 15' that while it has the same chip, you get less storage, and soldered on RAM, for some examples, while costing very similar to the x360.

Bbeelzebub

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm planning on getting one in the next week. I started out thinking I was going to get a more budget minded Envy x360, but after spending countless hours configuring it the way I want it.... I realize I'm going to end up spending only a couple hundred dollars less than just buying the Spectre x360 with the better battery, etc....

The only thing that has left me feeling kinda hesitant, is that on the 18th, the new Intel/AMD combo models come out and maybe I'll stick it out to see if they offer any special pricing for them upon release.

The Envy x360 comes with an optional MX150 with 4gb of dedicated ram, where as the Spectra x360 has only the MX150 2GB dedicated ram option, but really..... with half the battery of the Spectra, I can imagine the Envy would have awful battery life.

How is battery life on the 15" Spectre x360??? I know the 13" has great battery. I'm hoping its not too much worse on the 15".

731 Woodworks

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
I have been looking to buy a new laptop for a few weeks now. I wanted to stay in the $1500 range and have watched and read tons and tons of reviews on various laptops. I have decided on the x360 with the Intel/AMD chipset. I think it’s the best bang for the buck at this point, not to mention I think it’s the best looking device being made right now. I have never had a laptop with SSD or a 4K screen so I am looking forward to that. Last computer I had (still have) is a 2011 mid range iMac (i5 processor) and my last laptop was a 2008 MacBook Pro. So I am looking forward to getting this high end HP for some video editing and light gaming. I plan on placing the order today!

731 Woodworks

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
I had to return the X360 for overheating issues and constant crashes. It was lagging when trying to play Civ VI and using Davinci Resolve for editing video. HP tech support was no help. And customer service didn’t seem to care to much. I made a video discussing and showing the issues with the x360 here: https://youtu.be/YMJ8lcEecCc

Maybe mine was just a dud? Not sure. But I decided to go a different route and get the Dell XPS 15 9560. They had a big sale going since the 9570 is coming soon. I saved $480 off the regular price. Went with the 1080p version for battery life concerns and opted for more storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett