An HP Family

murphcid

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I have used HP laptops for almost two decades (to include Compaq). I love them, right now we have four at the house:

My wife has this one: HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - AMD FX - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive Silver M6-ar004dx - Best Buy The Envy which is a very nice laptop. She loves it and Skypes our oldest at college all the time. She has learned to hook the HDMI port up to the TV when she wants to use it on the TV for Skype or whatever.

I finally had to replace her 2010 Pavillion because I got tired to shoveling coal into the boiler to make it work. Plus it had gotten to the point where I could no longer keep the darn thing running on Windows 10. So it became the second Linux Mint laptop in the house. It runs Mint better than it did Windows.

My youngest has a blue laptop (AMD) that she got from Costco (she liked the color and wanted a DVD drive)

My oldest in college has a Spectre x360 13.3" with the QHD screen 16gb ram, 512gb ssd. Nice little machine.

And I have the HP Pavillion x360 i3 which is my Linux Mint machine. I wish the screen was HD, but the 1366 screen is ok. Battery life is really decent on Linux. My other laptop is a Macbook Pro 13", which I now regret purchasing ( I had wanted a Mac for 32 years, and finally was able to afford one thanks to a great sale at Best Buy).

Compared to other laptops I have used, the HPs just seem more comfortable for long use, the battery life is decent as those things go.

JohnnyRedLight

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Excellent.

I've also recently joined the HP camp. Well... I had an HP Elitebook that is owned by my company. My first laptop, however, is the Spectre x360 13t with the QHD OLED. Got it off eBay 2 months ago and absolutely love this thing. If the quality proves true, I don't see why my next one wouldnt also be HP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos