How's the sound on the HP Stream 7? Does the 8 also have a mono speaker?

I'm looking to replace a busted kindle fire and need something to "share" with my 2 year old. We mainly need it for watching amazon prime/youtube, with occasional web surfing for myself and my husband. We're trying to decide between this or another kindle. Anyone with experience with both, which would you choose? Thank you!
    11-26-2014 08:26 PM
    I've only got experience with this one, but the sound seems fine to me, as long as you don't cover the speaker. It's definitely better sound than my textbook 8 had.
    11-27-2014 08:27 AM
    How's the sound on the HP Stream 7? Does the 8 also have a mono speaker?

I'm looking to replace a busted kindle fire and need something to "share" with my 2 year old. We mainly need it for watching amazon prime/youtube, with occasional web surfing for myself and my husband. We're trying to decide between this or another kindle. Anyone with experience with both, which would you choose? Thank you!
    Its a mono speaker. Works okay for me and if I'm somewhere where I cannot hear what I'm listening to, I just plug in my earbuds. I've heard that some get a 'buzzing' sound heard through the earbuds, but I'm having no problems. Really love this device. Just wish the battery lasted a bit longer.

I have a Fire HD 6 and the mono speaker on this device sounds about the same to me. Hope that helps.
    11-27-2014 09:02 AM
    Bought one at the local Microsoft store on Thursday with a $25 off coupon from
    microsoft store. Sound is decent, listening to some Billie Holiday, for $75 I'm satisfied. Plus a full version of office, publisher, access...hope I can transfer to surface pro 3 (i5) which will be mine tonight at 6p at the local Microsoft store, Jacksonville
    k72 likes this.
    11-27-2014 09:34 AM
    Sound is very good.
    11-29-2014 05:17 AM
    Not great but better than my surface pro 1.
    12-17-2014 03:31 PM