[Stream 7] Battery?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm still experimenting with different settings to see. Mine ran down quite fast originally. I've turned off syncing on pretty much everything and of course that helped. I'm still going to experiment over the coming weeks (probably over Christmas break) to see what happens if I turn syncing on and use airplane mode when I'm not using it, which seemed like it was possibly better for battery than just turning off wireless and Bluetooth individually. One of the other threads has a YouTube video that describes how to run the battery reports from the command line, which was helpful for me. I found that when I was in standby with wireless off, that my wireless adapter was what was using the most resources. My unprofessional, current theory is that the connected standby was still trying to sync and couldn't find a connection (like when you're in a bad signal area). I want to eventually see how it does if I keep all the syncing on and leave wireless on in standby.

rkin92

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I think i got 6 hours use out of mine. Not too shabby for a windows computer.

I did find that the wifi on all the time does drain it though.

Im honestly not too worried, I keep mine plugged in most of the time (I only use it in once place), so it isnt a deal breaker for me. If i want all day battery life i can just turn my Macbook Air on

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I can keep mine in Standby overnight and only lose about 10-15%. Wireless is on, but I leave it on the Metro (Modern) interface and just tap the power button.

AceCat23

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I used mine as a Mp3 player on a recent trip. Just the Xbox music app going ... WiFi off. I didnt turn on the screen at all and it was pluged in to my 3.55mm Aux port of my car. It lasted 12Hrs

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Now that I've gotten mine adjusted and set up completely for a couple weeks, I'm finding the battery life is quite alright after all. I started with a charge in the 90s this morning, used it some at school, and a lot this afternoon for YouTube, uploading, and keeping the screen on while I used it to show the notes I needed. I was at about 12% when it was time to go to bed.

rfortson

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I haven't noticed much of a difference, but I'm not a heavy user, mainly use it as an e-reader or browser. I did use it to connect to a Lync meeting today and it worked well. Battery life has been about the same for me, around 6 hours of continuous use, which in reality is about a day because I use it intermittently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs