What am I going to use Office 365 for?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

On my HP 7 Stream I also received Office 365 for a year. Of course since I am not using it for work - what am I going to do with it. A TB of space is nice, but if I don't keep the account after a year - what happens?

I don't need xlsx, docx, pptx for home really.

One Note is handy.

Otherwise - how are YOU using Office 365 on your HP Stream 7?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Celandine

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have yet to download as I was also curious as to what happens after the year is up. I do like the 1TB storage with OneDrive that goes with it, but wondered what the price would be for 365 after the year is up. I havent found any mention of this so wondered if anyone found useful info to pass along.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It's all on the MS website, just search Office 365, you can buy a years subs for one person for ?59 or go for the much better deal of ?79 for five users, all five of them get Office 365 and all get 1TB of storage, so in our case, me, the wife, one of our daughters and our lad get 1TB, I intend to use the last space for 365 on another device so throwing away a whole 1TB....... I was sceptical for years but the 1TB per person swung it for me.

You do get some OneDrive storage with your phone but much less, if at the end of the year you are still over, it's my understanding MS don't delete it all on day one, but do make it read only, but you would have to check that out.

One thing to note, MS do not specify what a family is so you can be flexible to who you let use the services, again maybe check this out on the MS site.

Also the 1TB is changing to "Unlimited" :wink:

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, unlimited storage is the greatest addition to MS Office 365 subscription. Plus you will always have latest Office version as soon as it will be available.

rfortson

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I use for work around the office. ;) Full Outlook is handy as I now have my work calendar and email without having to encrypt my device.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You can use that subscription on a second device as well I believe.

Office 365 subscription is for FIVE people all with separate One Drive 1TB accounts. Ya, it's a great deal. I have one on my Surface Pro 3. Haven't tried my account on my home computer yet but from what I read it can only be one desktop/laptop per person.

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Office 365 subscription is for FIVE people all with separate One Drive 1TB accounts. Ya, it's a great deal. I have one on my Surface Pro 3. Haven't tried my account on my home computer yet but from what I read it can only be one desktop/laptop per person.
Office 365 Home Premium is for 5 different persons or 5 different laptops/desktops, or a mix of the two.
If you use it with 5 different persons, then each gets their own storage.
If you use it with different computers but the same Microsoft ID login, then each computer can have the whole Office suite installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss