Help!

How do I take a screenshot of my HP Stream 7

Thanks

Mr. V
    12-05-2014 08:53 PM
    I believe from the top of my head you have to press windows button (on the bottom of the screen) and then the volume down button on the device to take a screenshot on windows 8 tablet, I don't have one to at hand to check.

Once the screenshot is taken, it would be saved in the photo app.
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 12-05-2014 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Editted to clarify which buttons were being referred to.
    12-05-2014 09:21 PM
    I've tried every possible button combination I can remember when it comes to Windows tablets.. Nothing works..whoever figures this out be sure to tell us.
    12-05-2014 10:12 PM
    I've tried every possible button combination I can remember when it comes to Windows tablets.. Nothing works..whoever figures this out be sure to tell us.
    I had a quick search and found this, How to take a screen shot on a Windows 8 tablet without a keyboard - Good Gear Guide Australia

&

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/s...77f9ac1?auth=1
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 12-05-2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Added second link
    12-05-2014 10:26 PM

That too doesn't work. What I do is bring up the Charms Menu and choose the Share option . Tap the first option at the top allow you to take a screenshot to share. I just share it to OneNote and grab the pic from there.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    12-05-2014 10:32 PM
    That too doesn't work. What I do is bring up the Charms Menu and choose the Share option . Tap the first option at the top allow you to take a screenshot to share. I just share it to OneNote and grab the pic from there.
    That's interesting, I don't suppose you can get into bios to check key configurations?

Because it sounds like you have a faulty tablet...
    12-05-2014 11:13 PM
    1) Swipe from the Right edge to the left
    2) Select Share
    3) Tap the Drop Down
    4) Select Screen Shot
    5) Choose the app you want to send the screen shot with
    Its the only way I know of as of right now
    Stefan Holder likes this.
    12-06-2014 02:44 AM
    1) Swipe from the Right edge to the left

2) Select Share

3) Tap the Drop Down

4) Select Screen Shot

5) Choose the app you want to send the screen shot with

Its the only way I know of as of right now

Exactly
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    12-06-2014 05:17 AM
    Press your Windows Button just ahead of your Vol - the screen dims and it's done. Your Tablet will then make a Folder named Screenshots (If it isn't already there), and you will find all your caps there.
    12-06-2014 01:44 PM
    Press your Windows Button just ahead of your Vol - the screen dims and it's done. Your Tablet will then make a Folder named Screenshots (If it isn't already there), and you will find all your caps there.

Tried that.. Doesn't work bro.. I've tried on two tablets.. I doubt I got two defective units.. Lol
    12-06-2014 06:14 PM
    everyone must remember this is a tablet, but it is running full windows, not windows phone. Charms bar is the only way I know with out a prtscn
    button.
    Stefan Holder likes this.
    12-17-2014 04:38 PM
    You may have a point there...
    12-17-2014 09:28 PM
    I found method to take screenshots on HP Stream 7 and save them to disk - it's easy.

We have to have download and install that: app for Windows from the Windows Store

Now, if we doing that: (from forum HP: Re: Issues taking a screenshot on the HP Stream 7 - HP Support Forum - 4751305)
    While in an app open the charms bar by swiping from the right. Touch Share, and you should see a dropdown at the top, change this to Screenshot. After that you can choose how to share the screenshot depending on which apps and accounts are set up on your tablet.
    we can choose one more option - Chinese name of the installed application.
    App automaticaly saves all screenshots in her folder in the Pictures (app creates a folder with Chinese name - you find without difficulty). Now we do not need to send screenshots via Internet because we have them on HDD.
    Enjoy

ibg4lyhfg2ktj8.png
    Last edited by Budniu; 01-15-2015 at 01:44 PM.
    01-15-2015 06:43 AM
    everyone must remember this is a tablet, but it is running full windows, not windows phone. Charms bar is the only way I know with out a prtscn
    button.
    The thing is, the Power + Volume Lower button does work on other Windows tablets, but not the Stream 7.

The only way I've been able to take screenshots is via. the Share charm and sending it to OneNote. Works well enough when I need them writing posts or for other things.
    Last edited by clindhartsen; 02-07-2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Mistyped OneNote as OneDrive. Corrected.
    FuzzyLogician and vEEP pEEP like this.
    01-18-2015 07:23 PM
    But why send screens via internet ? And what are you doing if you haven't internet in that moment ? For me, method with the app it's more useful like two posts above.
    01-19-2015 02:46 AM
    Hi - interesting...

But I don't speak/write Cantonese/Mandarin or any other regional Chinese language...
    01-30-2015 03:49 PM
    But you do not need to know the Chinese, the service is simple ;-)
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-30-2015 05:50 PM
    Useful, thanks. Anyone see an option in the app to save as JPEG?

Or to save to another location? (I tried renaming the folder, but it naturally just recreates the Chinese one.)

Browser screenshot add-ons give these options. My favourite with Chrome is now Fireshot, which lets you save whole page, visible part or selected area. Though these only work in desktop mode, clearly.
    04-22-2015 05:17 PM
    Also you can use the Snipping Tool which is in the Windows Accessories folder in the apps menu.
    vEEP pEEP and Jiffybag like this.
    04-23-2015 10:09 AM
    Yes, but tried using the snipping tool in Windows (Metro) mode?

There's a hundred screenshot tools for browsers, and some work on non-browser stuff. Like mwSnap, which captured anything you see on your screen from xp through to Win7. What we need is that function for Win8. And Win10.

The Chinese app seems the only way on the Stream 7.
    04-30-2015 09:29 PM
    I just got my HP Stream 7 few days back, and was in the same dilemma as none of the shortcuts seen to work.

However, I did find an app which works. Its called MetroShot, its there in the Windows Store,
    You just select Screenshot from Share menu, and share it to the app, and it saves to Pictures folder.
    Jiffybag likes this.
    05-26-2015 05:13 AM
    I just got my HP Stream 7 few days back, and was in the same dilemma as none of the shortcuts seen to work.

However, I did find an app which works. Its called MetroShot, its there in the Windows Store,
    You just select Screenshot from Share menu, and share it to the app, and it saves to Pictures folder.
    Thanks! That Chinese one looks too dodgy for me to bother with so one from the store that works fine is great.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    05-27-2015 03:32 PM