Someone explain this volume thing to me.

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Apparently one of the main causes of battery drain on the Stream7 is the volume not being muted. I must admit, this is the first time I'd heard of such a thing, but having experienced it myself I can't argue with the results. My question is; why? if I have the volume at 70%, but not doing anything that generates sound, you can practically watch the battery level drop, and for the life of me I can't reconcile that. If it's a software thing, I really hope they get it patched; if it's a h/w thing, I've still got time left in my return window. I never thought audio would be such a potential deal breaker, but sound, I guess, is much like air; you don't realize how much you miss it till it's gone.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that is pretty funky that the battery drains on the device if the volume is not muted. Hopefully you can get it resolved soon.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
An additional question - does the battery still drain if the volume is turned down to zero? Does the sound specifically have to be muted?

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I suspect that that even though there may be no audio playing the audio drivers are still "running" the audio circuitry. Updated drivers should cure this.

Very weird problem though!

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Apparently one of the main causes of battery drain on the Stream7 is the volume not being muted. I must admit, this is the first time I'd heard of such a thing, but having experienced it myself I can't argue with the results. My question is; why? if I have the volume at 70%, but not doing anything that generates sound, you can practically watch the battery level drop, and for the life of me I can't reconcile that. If it's a software thing, I really hope they get it patched; if it's a h/w thing, I've still got time left in my return window. I never thought audio would be such a potential deal breaker, but sound, I guess, is much like air; you don't realize how much you miss it till it's gone.

this discussion might help.
Stream Tablets Standby Battery Drain Workaround - HP Support Forum - 4778603

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs