Apparently one of the main causes of battery drain on the Stream7 is the volume not being muted. I must admit, this is the first time I'd heard of such a thing, but having experienced it myself I can't argue with the results. My question is; why? if I have the volume at 70%, but not doing anything that generates sound, you can practically watch the battery level drop, and for the life of me I can't reconcile that. If it's a software thing, I really hope they get it patched; if it's a h/w thing, I've still got time left in my return window. I never thought audio would be such a potential deal breaker, but sound, I guess, is much like air; you don't realize how much you miss it till it's gone.
    02-16-2015 02:25 PM
    Wow, that is pretty funky that the battery drains on the device if the volume is not muted. Hopefully you can get it resolved soon.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-16-2015 04:03 PM
    An additional question - does the battery still drain if the volume is turned down to zero? Does the sound specifically have to be muted?
    02-17-2015 12:58 AM
    Have you contacted HP and asked them about the problem?
    02-17-2015 01:05 AM
    I suspect that that even though there may be no audio playing the audio drivers are still "running" the audio circuitry. Updated drivers should cure this.

Very weird problem though!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-17-2015 01:07 AM
    Have you tested how much more battery life you get when turning off the audio?
    02-17-2015 02:09 AM
    Apparently one of the main causes of battery drain on the Stream7 is the volume not being muted. I must admit, this is the first time I'd heard of such a thing, but having experienced it myself I can't argue with the results. My question is; why? if I have the volume at 70%, but not doing anything that generates sound, you can practically watch the battery level drop, and for the life of me I can't reconcile that. If it's a software thing, I really hope they get it patched; if it's a h/w thing, I've still got time left in my return window. I never thought audio would be such a potential deal breaker, but sound, I guess, is much like air; you don't realize how much you miss it till it's gone.
    this discussion might help.
    Stream Tablets Standby Battery Drain Workaround - HP Support Forum - 4778603
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-17-2015 02:23 AM