Interesting accessories for Stream 7.

Paisley Pirate

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a Samsung VG-KBD1500 BT keyboard for their smart hub tvs a while back at a pawn shop for $15 - it works great with the Stream. Just pair and go.

I realize this a gen or 2 back - here is the current one (and I paid less for the Stream that for what they are asking for this one)

edit: WOW a couple hundred posts on the sister board (Crackberry) don't count - so I can't post the link here... I get why (bots), but I don't get why (thought all the MobileNation sites were one big happy family) ... and understand, I was a former senior mod/admin on a site that had 50,000 active users and 100,000 + posts per month... I do get the bot problem... but allowing linking in of several sites together would accommodate the "cross pollination" ya'll should be hoping for... just sayin'...

Anyway - don't forget to look around for one of these gems - they do work quite well (if a bit larger than the tablet itself)

nordnord

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Chovan,

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate your list of periphs for the HP Stream.

I bought a few to see and some were perfect for the HP Stream 7, with a couple of additions.

The Nekmit? 4.8A 24W Dual Port USB Travel Wall Charger is the perfect replacement for the HP charger which is just not powerful enough to be of much use.

Use it with the Y usb A to usb micro B cable and you get all the power you need to run multiple accessories.

The Dell Micro USB Dongle for Data and Charging allows you to plugin a mini hub, I use the Belkin USB 2.0 Ultra-Mini Hub.

I added in this keyboard, the Karnotech? Foldable Silicone Keyboard USB Wired Silicon Flexible Soft Waterproof Roll Up Silica Gel Computer Desktop (103 Keys) .

And, of course, my little travel storage device of choice: a USB stick.

It looks like a mess of cables, but together it makes for a complete computer, if not a nice big LCD screen.

chovan

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
nordnord,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear the list is helpful.

Interestingly, I think I still have the silicone keyboard you mentioned. I used to travel with it to replace the tiny keyboard on my 10.1 inch Fujitsu laptop.

Enjoy your stream 7 and remember to drop by. :)

nordnord

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
nordnord,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear the list is helpful.

Interestingly, I think I still have the silicone keyboard you mentioned. I used to travel with it to replace the tiny keyboard on my 10.1 inch Fujitsu laptop.

Enjoy your stream 7 and remember to drop by. :)

chovan,

Yes, your list is essential IMO. That keyboard is very good, but many times I travel without it, just the tablet. On those days, I have to remind myself that I only have around 4 good hours to get anything done. The virtual keyboard default is not good, but luckily you can switch to a full-sized virtual keyboard with numbers, etc., and that is more useful. Add in the touchmousepointer1964 and you have a decent enough touchpad onscreen. The v2.xxx charges, so I stuck with the last free version I could find.

Lots of stuff to learn, as I am brand new to Windows 10, so it has been a slow process so far.

Tks again.

N

Flying Kiwi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
My no 1 accessory/peripheral for use with my (Windows 10 updated) Stream 7 is my fTech Solar Powered Bluetooth GPS Receiver and GPSDirect software. This combination allows me to use the Windows 10 maps and other 'location dependant' functions within the tablet. It's a real shame that the Microsoft Band 2 GPS receiver doesn't work with desktop Windows 10 or it'd be on this list as well!

chovan

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
It's cleared out because the mod of the forum keep editing my post and adding their affiliate links without noticing me... I spent hours after hours maintaining this post and they use it to make money out of it?!

nordnord

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
It's cleared out because the mod of the forum keep editing my post and adding their affiliate links without noticing me... I spent hours after hours maintaining this post and they use it to make money out of it?!

Chovan,

That's too bad, as your posts were essential for my use of the HP Stream 7... I am a freelance grant writer and between USB sticks and the Stream, I do almost all of my work with my butt moving from one location to another almost daily using my equipment not other peoples.

Wanted to stop by to add in a piece of info about one of the OTG dongles. I have found that the Dell Micro USB Dongle works only some of the time to continue to charge the tablet and not at other times. It works better with the Nekmit charger then with the lower power one that shipped with the tablet. However, I have found what I consider to be the best OTG dongle yet. Got it at eBay:
USB OTG HUB with Charging Function Levono Miix 2 Hp Stream 7 Stream 8 MSI S80

It has a 3-way switch for different hardware, including the HP Stream (switch 2) and it has a mini-usb plug, plus 4 USB 2 plugs. It charges each and every time... I am currently experimenting with various periphs to see just how much it can handle when used with both the HP charger and with the more powereful Nekmit one.

All your posts very much appreciated.

N

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos