04-01-2016 05:45 PM
30 12
tools
    My no 1 accessory/peripheral for use with my (Windows 10 updated) Stream 7 is my fTech Solar Powered Bluetooth GPS Receiver and GPSDirect software. This combination allows me to use the Windows 10 maps and other 'location dependant' functions within the tablet. It's a real shame that the Microsoft Band 2 GPS receiver doesn't work with desktop Windows 10 or it'd be on this list as well!
    12-24-2015 09:47 AM
    Why have all of the posts with products in them been cleared out?
    02-23-2016 03:29 PM
    It's cleared out because the mod of the forum keep editing my post and adding their affiliate links without noticing me... I spent hours after hours maintaining this post and they use it to make money out of it?!
    02-23-2016 03:47 PM
    It's cleared out because the mod of the forum keep editing my post and adding their affiliate links without noticing me... I spent hours after hours maintaining this post and they use it to make money out of it?!

Chovan,

That's too bad, as your posts were essential for my use of the HP Stream 7... I am a freelance grant writer and between USB sticks and the Stream, I do almost all of my work with my butt moving from one location to another almost daily using my equipment not other peoples.

Wanted to stop by to add in a piece of info about one of the OTG dongles. I have found that the Dell Micro USB Dongle works only some of the time to continue to charge the tablet and not at other times. It works better with the Nekmit charger then with the lower power one that shipped with the tablet. However, I have found what I consider to be the best OTG dongle yet. Got it at eBay:
    USB OTG HUB with Charging Function Levono Miix 2 Hp Stream 7 Stream 8 MSI S80

It has a 3-way switch for different hardware, including the HP Stream (switch 2) and it has a mini-usb plug, plus 4 USB 2 plugs. It charges each and every time... I am currently experimenting with various periphs to see just how much it can handle when used with both the HP charger and with the more powereful Nekmit one.

All your posts very much appreciated.

N
    chovan and Jiffybag like this.
    03-14-2016 11:37 PM
    04-01-2016 05:45 PM
30 12