required apps!

boochrisboo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a HP Stream 7.
What are some apps I should look at.
What you tube app is good?
And I need a weather app.
Is there their party keyboards like swifter?
Thank You
BCB

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I personally recommend Hyper for YouTube.

f.lux is something I recommend people try. (JustGetFlux.com - its a desktop program)

I'd use the default Weather app.

And there are no third-party keyboards, however, the current touch keyboard has some options you may like, like switching to a more thumb-friendly keyboard, handwriting, etc.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I honestly have very few apps installed, a couple games, stuff I bought with the $25 store rebate...95% of my 'stuff' I run in the browser on my old machine, this one is not really much different...

I've tried a couple of Start Menu replacement apps, but they all were buggy. Start8 held the most promise, but it didn't function correctly on a couple of their settings, so I uninstalled it.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just started in on installing stuff on my Stream 7 -
...so far I've only installed the following:

mSecure by https://msevensoftware.com/ ($19.95 Win, Desktop version...I don't like their 'Metro' version) - it's (mostly) cross platform and syncs all my passwords via Dropbox from my PC, iPad, Android Tab and now Stream 7...the only device I'm not running it on is my Windows Phone (no version avail).

Notetab Light by http://www.fookes.com (Free for Light version) - my favorite Notepad replacement.

Haven't really shopped for any apps yet, and am also looking for some good recommendations.

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I like Bookviser as my main eBook reader which is what I use the Stream the most for. There are several other eBook apps available to try in the Store as well.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Awesome! ...did not realize that they released a Windows Phone version finally as it still was not there last time I checked. Now to figure out how to use my Windows Store credit instead of it being charged to my phone.

Is there any way to run Windows Phone apps on the Stream 7?

It's amazing hard hard it is to spend $25 in credit...don't want to buy movies/tv as most of my digital content is in (gasp) iTunes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3