Hello everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone could provide some information on how fast of an SD card I should use. For example, is a basic Class 10 card sufficient enough to run desktop apps off of? And is there a bottleneck in the Stream 7 SD Card slot that would make a very high speed card pointless? I'm looking at a 128GB SanDisk Ultra card, which is slower than many other cards but has good capacity for the price. Any insight is appreciated!
    04-28-2015 12:22 AM
    I have a Transcend 32GB UHS-I '300x' card for mine, and happily run Steam games off of it. A standard class 10 only need to have a 10mbp/s data rate, which isn't overly fast, so go for an enhanced speed card if you can.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-28-2015 02:08 AM
    Thanks for the reply! I'm actually looking at the PNY Turbo Performance 64GB right now, it seems to have some good benchmarks and it's hard to beat a 64GB card for $30!
    04-28-2015 09:46 AM
    I'm running a Sandisk 64GB UHS-1 and also running Steam games from it. No problems so far. I looked for a data transfer rate on the Stream 7's SD slot, but couldn't find one...so who knows if buying a super fast SD card even matters...
    04-28-2015 10:11 AM
    I've heard good things about the SanDisk cards in general, and in retrospect I really don't think too high of a speed is necessary... It's not like any of us will be using the Stream for 4K video recording or running massive 3D games. More than anything I think I higher speed will just be beneficial for transferring files to and from the device.
    04-28-2015 10:58 AM
    I've heard good things about the SanDisk cards in general, and in retrospect I really don't think too high of a speed is necessary... It's not like any of us will be using the Stream for 4K video recording or running massive 3D games. More than anything I think I higher speed will just be beneficial for transferring files to and from the device.
    Agreed, I think that the load times might improve is all...but Psychonauts runs just fine and my kids play the Lego games without issue as well.

(off topic: We use a USB to MicroUSB adapter for an xbox one controller, works great.)
    04-28-2015 01:05 PM