Old person having a heck of a time with this win8.1 tablet

birdie_in_texas

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I am old and not all that 8.1 proficient, but certainly not on a tablet such as this little Stream 7 I got.

My issue is that I try to use the browser, but cannot get a keyboard to pop up. I am not sure what the heck is going on, and I am sure it is user error, but can someone suggest a way for me to get the keyboard to pop up please?

I have tapped and re-tapped until I am in a tizzy here..

Thank you..

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am old and not all that 8.1 proficient, but certainly not on a tablet such as this little Stream 7 I got.

My issue is that I try to use the browser, but cannot get a keyboard to pop up. I am not sure what the heck is going on, and I am sure it is user error, but can someone suggest a way for me to get the keyboard to pop up please?

I have tapped and re-tapped until I am in a tizzy here..

Thank you..

Is this in the "Immersive"/Modern UI version of IE or the desktop version?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Give this a try. Put your mouse on the task bar in an empty place. Right click the mouse and look for the taskbar keyboard and turn it on. From now on the keyboard should be on the taskbar to tap on when need.

If you need more help, PM me and I'll be happy to walk you through it. I have the Stream 7 also.

birdie_in_texas

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I figured out the browser/keyboard thing, but now I am trying to hook up a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo, and I cannot seem to find where you turn Bluetooth "on"..

I see that there is bluetooth available in the device manager window, but I cannot find a "tile" or any shortcut for actually "using" blue tooth..

I am used to android devices where you just swipe down from the top and turn on bluetooth..

Just a learning curve, but this is making feel very newbish..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2