Hi Guys,

Maybe I'm a little late for this party, but my HP Stream 7 was one of the many devices not picking up the Windows 10 notification icon in the system tray, and after a little hunting found out how to 'force' it to show. For some reason, my tablet didn't even get the update so I was mainly looking for how to manually get it when I stumbled upon a HP support forum detailing this (so credit cannot go to me fully). Here's how anyway:

1. Download the x86 update for KB3035583 - http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...7a412e41ee.cab

2. Copy this somewhere you can find it, e.g. C:\Temp. I renamed the file gwx.cab for ease ;)

3. Elevate CMD and run dism /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\temp\gwx.cab (or whatever the full path to the cab is on your system) and hit enter.

4. This should work fine - I have tested this on my tablet and the icon appeared immediately. In order to try and prove I'm not BS'ing - I also ran wmic csproduct get name to show the model number.

I hope this can help some people. Again, if this is old news - sorry :P

screenshot.png
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    06-27-2015 10:13 AM
    did not work here. thanks anyway.
    I get the same system message after applying the package via dism and no errors. However, there is nothing showing up for me, not even after reboot.
    06-27-2015 11:21 PM
    Fine! It's OK for me.
    Thanks.
    06-28-2015 12:18 AM
    I had this problem, but none of the solutions worked. Despite having both updates installed, changing registry keys, running the command line script, repairing various parts of windows, etc., the dratted 'reserve' icon obstinately refused to show.

Turned out all I needed to do was manually download both updates and run them again.
    06-28-2015 03:26 AM
    There is a reason why it hasn't appeared on our devices yet.

https://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...act-footprint/

We’re working on bringing upgrade to low capacity devices

The reason Windows 8.1 devices using WIMBOOT are not yet able to upgrade to Windows 10 is because many of the WIMBOOT devices have very limited system storage. That presents a challenge when we need to have the Windows 8.1 OS, the downloaded install image, and the Windows 10 OS available during the upgrade process. We do this because we need to be able to restore the machine back to Windows 8.1 if anything unexpected happens during the upgrade, such as power loss. In sum, WIMBOOT devices present a capacity challenge to the upgrade process and we are evaluating a couple of options for a safe and reliable upgrade path for those devices.
    Povno and Elitewolf like this.
    06-28-2015 05:07 AM
    This morning i had Win10 reservation on my 2 HP stream 7 (me and wife) automatically.
    07-11-2015 01:07 AM
    This worked for me Thank you.
    07-20-2015 06:49 PM