08-12-2015 03:35 AM
50 12
tools
    After updated the intel graphic deivers i got the windows 10 icon again. After a wild disapear the day of the realease, i got it again. I wish it will update very soon

captura-de-pantalla.png
    07-31-2015 02:09 AM
    Anyone got auto rotation working?

I downloaded the iso as posted above onto a usb flash drive and installed like that. Worked fine runs fine, just auto rotation not working which is a bit annoying.
    07-31-2015 06:08 AM
    I keep downloading and it will show it's getting ready to install and then give errors. It's finally stuck to a consistent error of failed to setup working directory. I tried it without Avast on last night and vaguely remember something about storage, but I was pretty much asleep by then, so I don't know what it was. I cleared the SD card (8 GB) and have almost 4 free.

Edit: apparently something filled up my storage completely along the way, so maybe that's it. Trying to figure out how to clear more space.
    Last edited by k72; 07-31-2015 at 07:39 AM.
    07-31-2015 07:22 AM
    Just download and reinstall the accelerometer driver
    clindhartsen likes this.
    07-31-2015 12:50 PM
    ah yeah, 8.1 driver works fine.
    07-31-2015 06:20 PM
    Has anyone else had issues with the onscreen keyboard not appearing?
    08-01-2015 12:39 AM
    Dude, u must verificate your account before u perform an activate.
    08-01-2015 08:19 AM
    Has anyone else had issues with the onscreen keyboard not appearing?
    That happened to me last night. Told Cortana to open the keyboard and she opened the on screen keyboard app, which worked.

I will say that it's incredibly annoying, though. Hope there's a fix soon.
    Last edited by Musicman247; 08-01-2015 at 10:29 AM.
    08-01-2015 09:44 AM
    Guys, where is the 8.1 accelerometer driver please ? I've taken a good look round the HP pages but cant see it. Does it go under a different formal name ?
    08-01-2015 09:56 AM
    I have tried to force the update several times, but I always get an error, im gonna try to install it from a USB stick.
    08-01-2015 02:31 PM
    I have tried to force the update several times, but I always get an error, im gonna try to install it from a USB stick.
    08-01-2015 02:39 PM
    I loaded the tool on my SD card and used the USB for additional space, but it failed a ways in, and reverted back. Oh well. I guess I'll hang on for a while.
    08-01-2015 07:23 PM
    Just found a post on Reddit that appears to allow the download for me.

1) Click on Start, search for regedit.

2) With regedit open, proceed to the following path. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade

3) Right click on the right side window and go to New -> DWORD (32-bit) value

4) Rename the new value to "AllowOSUpgrade" without the " quotations and make sure it is exactly the same as it is case sensitive.

5) Double click on the newly created value AllowOSUpgrade and change the value to 1 with hexidecimal base.

6) Close regedit and run Windows Update again. Windows 10 should pop up and you can then download it.

I'll report back as to whether it works

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails 313846.jpg  
    falconrap likes this.
    08-02-2015 04:38 PM
    Guys, where is the 8.1 accelerometer driver please ? I've taken a good look round the HP pages but cant see it. Does it go under a different formal name ?
    There's two drivers which you'll want to install. "Goodix Touch Controller Driver" will re-enable the Start button on the front of the device, and "Kionix G-Sensor Enabling Driver" will re-enable the automatic rotation. If it doesn't seem to work, you may need to uninstall and re-install it, but if the installation works you should see an option in the Display settings to lock or unlock screen rotation.
    simoncbradley likes this.
    08-03-2015 12:16 AM
    Silly question, but have you checked the rotation lock in the notification menu? (Swipe from the right of the screen (where the charms bar was in Win8)
    simoncbradley likes this.
    08-03-2015 02:34 AM
    Thanks Clindhartsen....that did it for me... working like a champ on W10 now 😊
    08-03-2015 11:04 AM
    Windows 10 has improved my Stream 7! I like the new OS in general, and aside from a few quirks that I'm sure will go away (a few apps wouldn't unpin from the Start screen), it feels nice.

More surprisingly, 10 seems to run better with 1GB ram than 8.1 did. I frequently had to launch the Task Manager and kill the Runtime Broker process in order to free up RAM and CPU to successfully launch large apps with 8.1. No more!
    08-05-2015 09:40 AM

More surprisingly, 10 seems to run better with 1GB ram than 8.1 did. I frequently had to launch the Task Manager and kill the Runtime Broker process in order to free up RAM and CPU to successfully launch large apps with 8.1. No more!
    I've found the same, really impressed as it seems to only have a ~200Mb footprint

08-05-2015 10:14 AM
    Thanks to all the replies, I finally took the plunge. After upgrading using the Media Creation Tool, it installed leaving me a whopping 100mb left on the C: drive. I took a deep breath, and purged the restore and upgrade folders, making this a one-way trip. I now have a healthy 10Gb free, even after reinstalling all my apps. After a few days' break in period, it seems fairly snappy and reliable.

Has anyone heard anything about how Recovery will work now? When I was on 8.1, I could create a recovery, but you're only allowed to do it once due to licensing or some such. Will we be allowed to make a Win10 recovery? yes, I know I can download the ISO and make a USB off that, but the Recovery has all the drivers pre-installed, and that save many many many headaches (not having touch drivers installed on a tablet is downright painful).
    08-05-2015 06:45 PM
    After a long wait, i finally got the update from w10 notification.
    captura-de-pantalla.png
    08-06-2015 01:58 AM
    I got the upgrade in Windows update, but my tablet is currently bricked. 😥 I'm going to see if I can fix it tonight.
    08-06-2015 12:00 PM
    I Upgraded today and the stream 7 is very fast under Windows 10. I love the cortana and tablet mode options. Everything seems great no problems experienced so far

My question is how do you get rid of the Microsoft password on start up?? I prefer it just to load up with no password prompt

08-07-2015 07:16 PM
    My question is how do you get rid of the Microsoft password on start up?? I prefer it just to load up with no password prompt
    I'm having the same issue, and so are a bunch of other people: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...6-a29d49eb7d38. No solution yet.
    08-07-2015 09:27 PM
    Works great, just install all the HP updates for it and everything works fine. The only odd thing is that you can't select an SD card for OneDrive from within the OneDrive setup. But, you can do it, there's a thread within this forum that talks about it. Just mount the SD card as a folder within your user directory and you're golden, choose that folder from OneDrive setup.
    08-11-2015 09:12 PM
    Works great, just install all the HP updates for it and everything works fine. The only odd thing is that you can't select an SD card for OneDrive from within the OneDrive setup. But, you can do it, there's a thread within this forum that talks about it. Just mount the SD card as a folder within your user directory and you're golden, choose that folder from OneDrive setup.
    I formatted mine to NTFS and it seems to work OK?

08-12-2015 03:35 AM
50 12