You go first!

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
As the old saying goes, "The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." I tried one of the earlier Win10 builds on my Stream, and it didn't end well. So I think I'll leave my tablet powered off for a few days and get people's impressions of how the final build is running before taking the leap myself. So come back tomorrow and tell me how it went! ( :

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
So far I got a failed update. Trying again, but I'm not sure it will work. Says it needs 9GB of free space before downloading. Started the download with a little over 9 last time, a little over 10 this time. We'll see.

Same thing. Got to the blue installing screen,
qHx8YQSl.jpg

then a popup that says Something Happened, Win 10 upgrade failed.

Last edited:

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
First impressions (after 10 minutes of use):
? Fast. Just as responsive as 8.1 if not more so
? Cortana on a tablet is cool
? So far everything just works. No lag, no crashes.
? Started in desktop mode, restarted in tablet mode (Continuum)
Very happy with Win10 so far on my Stream 7.

espana_et

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My icon of Windows 10 dissapear today :(.

You installed via update or usb? What about the compressed Windows? And what about the recovery sustem of HP with the Windows 8.1?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I had to do the 'force update' twice, 1st download didn't trigger the update. Cleaned out the directory has described in the instructions, and 2nd force worked great.

Our 2 Stream 7's are up on Win 10 and running great so far. Been a couple hours, completely stable for us so far.

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
Sigh, 4th try at clean out and force. Downloads the update then does preparing, gets to 100% preparing then error 80240020 :(

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sigh, 4th try at clean out and force. Downloads the update then does preparing, gets to 100% preparing then error 80240020 :(

Got that too...I didn't have everything out of my Downloads folder (even though I had issued a del *.* on that dir...)...I used file explorer after that and it worked fine.

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
Got that too...I didn't have everything out of my Downloads folder (even though I had issued a del *.* on that dir...)...I used file explorer after that and it worked fine.

Yeah every time I've deleted its been with file explorer. Everything selected no hidden files. Guess I'll just wait.

espana_et

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll wait to see what happen. I dont wanna force the installation. Its weird to see that there was an icon for a couple of weeks ago and now, the day of the realease, the icon desapear.

For now, my desktop computer works beautiful with Windows 10 but i want it for my Stream! I wish it will be update soon

Blown 89

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I've tried numerous times to no avail. The last time it rebooted and went straight to blue screen and rebooted into a windows 8.1 recovery. Looks like 10 isn't ready for prime time just yet.

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Installed Windows 10 via. the ISO and performance has been a bit problematic. Can't figure out if there's a driver I missed since I upgraded keeping nothing or what.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05