You go first!

eekaspider

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 has improved my Stream 7! I like the new OS in general, and aside from a few quirks that I'm sure will go away (a few apps wouldn't unpin from the Start screen), it feels nice.

More surprisingly, 10 seems to run better with 1GB ram than 8.1 did. I frequently had to launch the Task Manager and kill the Runtime Broker process in order to free up RAM and CPU to successfully launch large apps with 8.1. No more!

Jiffybag

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
More surprisingly, 10 seems to run better with 1GB ram than 8.1 did. I frequently had to launch the Task Manager and kill the Runtime Broker process in order to free up RAM and CPU to successfully launch large apps with 8.1. No more!

I've found the same, really impressed as it seems to only have a ~200Mb footprint

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to all the replies, I finally took the plunge. After upgrading using the Media Creation Tool, it installed leaving me a whopping 100mb left on the C: drive. :evil: I took a deep breath, and purged the restore and upgrade folders, making this a one-way trip. I now have a healthy 10Gb free, even after reinstalling all my apps. After a few days' break in period, it seems fairly snappy and reliable.

Has anyone heard anything about how Recovery will work now? When I was on 8.1, I could create a recovery, but you're only allowed to do it once due to licensing or some such. Will we be allowed to make a Win10 recovery? yes, I know I can download the ISO and make a USB off that, but the Recovery has all the drivers pre-installed, and that save many many many headaches (not having touch drivers installed on a tablet is downright painful).

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I got the upgrade in Windows update, but my tablet is currently bricked. 😥 I'm going to see if I can fix it tonight.

mindshadow

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I Upgraded today and the stream 7 is very fast under Windows 10. I love the cortana and tablet mode options. Everything seems great no problems experienced so far

My question is how do you get rid of the Microsoft password on start up?? I prefer it just to load up with no password prompt

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Works great, just install all the HP updates for it and everything works fine. The only odd thing is that you can't select an SD card for OneDrive from within the OneDrive setup. But, you can do it, there's a thread within this forum that talks about it. Just mount the SD card as a folder within your user directory and you're golden, choose that folder from OneDrive setup.

Jiffybag

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Works great, just install all the HP updates for it and everything works fine. The only odd thing is that you can't select an SD card for OneDrive from within the OneDrive setup. But, you can do it, there's a thread within this forum that talks about it. Just mount the SD card as a folder within your user directory and you're golden, choose that folder from OneDrive setup.

I formatted mine to NTFS and it seems to work OK?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234