Win10 - no screen rotation?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I upgraded to Win10 on my Stream7. It seemed to go OK, however on restarting, I noticed the screen no longer rotates. So it is upside down on my tablet case with keyboard.

The display is set to Landscape (flipped).

Why doesn't it auto rotate?

help?

Thanks,

Mr. V

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Is rotation lock enabled? It'll be a button in the action center next to "tablet mode". It's been a while since I upgraded, but I think I remember it being enabled by default after the update.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Most of the devices I've upgraded have required that I re-load the video drivers. Make sure you're not on Microsoft Basic Adapter. Check what's in your device manager and update the drivers if you don't recognize it.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Or possibly a driver for the accelerometer. Like I said, it's been a while (and the HP Stream 7 is my son's tablet so I don't use it much. Just occasional sysadmin type tasks like running updates.) But there's an HP updater app that you can try for driver updates, if you haven't already, or the HP support site. I just remember that there was a brief period after the Win10 update where the screen wouldn't rotate, but then I got working again, but I don't remember what I had to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss