Is there any way to charge the HP Stream 7 when using an OTG Cable?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a OTG cable with a usb micro pass through with a USB Female input.

I can definitley plug in the mouse and use that, but the micro usb pass through seems to NEVER pass through power.

It's a cheap Chinese cable.

So I'm wondering if anyone has ever successfully charged the tablet AND use peripherals at the same time?

nordnord

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Look for the post where they discuss periphs that sometimes work with the Stream.

I bought a few and found one that seems (I'm still studying it) to work well. It is the nekmit power plug with 2 regular sized USB connectors and a Y split 2 usb cables on one end and a mini usb connector on the other end. The cable is fairly long. I totally ditched the cheap charger that HP provided... it is not strong enough to charge anything other than the tablet itself. The second you try to put in a hub (I use the little belkin 4 port), you start losing battery power.

Too early to say for sure, but would be curious if anyone else has tried this. Right now, I have an external USB stick for backup of data plugged in along with a USB 2 flexible keyboard and a usb gigaware portable mouse.

Groover1971

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the Stream 7 anymore but when I did, I watched a YouTube video and showed what to get. I bought the cables and hub and it actually worked. The problem was that it was a slower charge and the charging indication on the battery icon wouldn't show that it was charging, even though the charge would slowly increase. Initially, I had a USB mouse and keyboard connected to the hub and used Miracast to project to my TV. It worked great but I didn't want to have all of those cables laying around all of the time. You may have to switch the power (red) and data (black) connectors on the Startech Y-cable. In the video, he shows that it is charging using an amp meter since the indication doesn't show. He also didn't use a USB hub because he was using Bluetooth. The link for the video is below.

https://youtu.be/dpcrkqjZfl8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa