Anyone tried putting the Creators update on yet?

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
Anyone tried putting the Creators update on yet? I figure we probably wont get the automatic notification but was wondering if anyone had tried the media creation tool or manual upgrade tool yet?

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone tried putting the Creators update on yet? I figure we probably wont get the automatic notification but was wondering if anyone had tried the media creation tool or manual upgrade tool yet?

Yes. On my Dell Inspiron 3000 series.
Method used : MCT > using "Update now" option.
Result : upgrade successful and system running fine.

Why you ask ?
Problem installing ?

Last edited:

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
Yes. On my Dell Inspiron 3000 series.
Method used : MCT > using "Update now" option.
Result : upgrade successful and system running fine.

Why you ask ?
Problem installing ?

I mean on the HP Stream 7 specifically. I have it on my other machines but since this one skirts the spec like the redstone update was seeing if anyone had tried it and had any tips or issues.

Paisley Pirate

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
A month plus on and no one? Mine has been trying and trying to update, and hits the dreaded "not enough room for ramdisk" error. I've deleted everything I think I can off of C: and still no go - grrr.

Hoping someone has a suggestion for a fix.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
A month plus on and no one? Mine has been trying and trying to update, and hits the dreaded "not enough room for ramdisk" error. I've deleted everything I think I can off of C: and still no go - grrr.

Hoping someone has a suggestion for a fix.

Run Ccleaner. See if it can recover enough disk space for your computer.

If you do not have it, here is the download link :

Select the free version. You can buy the paid version later if you really like it.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...form.com%2Fccleaner%2Fdownload&token=1uIcXO3l

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I mean on the HP Stream 7 specifically. I have it on my other machines but since this one skirts the spec like the redstone update was seeing if anyone had tried it and had any tips or issues.

Do a manual install with this media creation tool link :

www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click the Update now button.

It is an in-place install.
You can keep your files, settings and apps.
No product key is required.
Activation I automatic.

MichaelMcD

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I installed the Creator's Update on my HP Stream 7 Signature Edition shortly after the update came out in April. I was having trouble upgrading through "Update and Security" also, so instead I did it using the W10M install media stored on a USB thumb drive connected via a USB-A to micro-USB OTG adapter. I upgraded from the Anniversary Update of Windows 10. Everything went smoothly.

I must say, however, that I am not happy about the performance. Whereas the tablet ran great on the Anniversary Update, now on the Creator's Update it feels sluggish. And for some strange reason, in the Netflix app, the first time I select a show it tries to play it for a minute then times out with an error. I try to play it a second time and then it plays. This happens every time I open Netflix, ever since I upgraded to the Creator's Update back in April. Because of this and the sluggishness, I am thinking about downgrading back to the Anniversary Update, but just haven't had the time to do it. I know it is not due to a lack of disk space, since I previously merged the recovery sector with the main sector and deleted the HP recovery files and I also deleted the files for the previous Windows install, so there is plenty of drive space.

If anybody has any advice on improving the Stream 7 performance on the Creator's Update, I would love to hear it.

Cristoby

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I am past the Creators update and into the latest Insider build. It hasn't been an easy process, but one thing I've learned for sure: I'll never, ever buy any Windows device with less than 64gb hd space. This 32 GB is too limiting. There are more configuration options available to ease the process, thanks to the Insiders input.

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
mine is currently bricked (won't boot, keeps trying to recover, but fails.) How can it be restored to stock? Happened after I upgrade to win10 (a while ago) and then tried a device wipe....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)