Reset to Factory Fails?

TerrySmythe

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I'm trying to reset my HP Stream 7 to factory settings. When I hit the required 2 buttoms (volume first) all I get back it is "System BIOS is being recovered". Never gets to what I want, no matter how often I try.

I've tried the reset via the Settings options, selected "Fresh install", it gors through the motions and when I finally wake it back up, nothing has changed.

Is there a way I can create an external backup onto a USB stick, then wipe the internal drive, then restore the the external? I have a feeling that if this is possible, still nothing will change.

What do I have to do to get this device empty of all my personal login data. I've deleted everything else, but I can't seem to get rid of my personal login in. Thoughts of others?

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to reset my HP Stream 7 to factory settings.

I've tried the reset via the Settings options, selected "Fresh install", it gors through the motions and when I finally wake it back up, nothing has changed.

If what you wanted to do is to "Factory settings", then why did you choose the Refresh option ?

Shouldn't you be choosing the "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" option ?

HP Stream 7 Factory Reset.jpg

TerrySmythe

May 25, 2017
Visit site
Wierd.... My HP Stream 7 finally listened to me and started the reset process. Then a screen emerged asking me to approve deletion of personal information off TPM. I was invited to press "yes" or "no", with "yes" being the preselected default. But it was stuck on this screen. Touch screen did not respond to either selection. When I shut down and restart, the same screen returns. However, when I hit the 2 key reset process, it dropped back into the same BIOS update loop, then restarted and VOILA!, Windows started reinstalling to what I really wanted. Very strange behaviour, but I've ended up OK.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Nice to know it is finally sorted.

By the way, is it true that your HP stream 7 will get hot quickly because of the "fanless" setup ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre